Car problems.

  • atmimp
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2005
      Just read all these posts about some BMWs not revving as high as thay
      should, nourmaly its down to the cap/rotor/leads, but this is not
      always the case.
      sometimes, if its got an auto gearbox that NEEDS its fluid
      canging,it too can give similar problems, with what seems to be 'flat
      spots' when accelerating.
      Normally it'll feel slow and clunky changing up, holding onto gears
      too long, or getting stuck in top gear.(Very scary I can tell you!!!!)

      Its only a thought, people seem to forget that ATF fluid should be
      changed at least every 3/4 years.(or any gearbox oil for that matter)
      Changed my fluid last weekend, and for the £9 it cost me (for 5
      liters!) It has made a masive diference to the way the car drives.
      I just wish i'd done it when i first got the car.
    • Brett Peavey
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
        I cahrnged to ATF recently and the tranny is still
        slipping from 2nd to 3rd to 2nd. any ideas?

        --- atmimp <atmimp@...> wrote:

        > Just read all these posts about some BMWs not
        > revving as high as thay
        > should, nourmaly its down to the cap/rotor/leads,
        > but this is not
        > always the case.
        > sometimes, if its got an auto gearbox that NEEDS
        > its fluid
        > canging,it too can give similar problems, with what
        > seems to be 'flat
        > spots' when accelerating.
        > Normally it'll feel slow and clunky changing up,
        > holding onto gears
        > too long, or getting stuck in top gear.(Very scary I
        > can tell you!!!!)
        >
        > Its only a thought, people seem to forget that ATF
        > fluid should be
        > changed at least every 3/4 years.(or any gearbox oil
        > for that matter)
        > Changed my fluid last weekend, and for the £9 it
        > cost me (for 5
        > liters!) It has made a masive diference to the way
        > the car drives.
        > I just wish i'd done it when i first got the car.

        Brett Peavey
        Microwave Component Sources
        Ph. 904.721.3711
        Fax. 904-721-3714
        Cell. 904.637.9157
        PV9@...
        www.microwavecomponentsources.com

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • calmloki
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
          Another thought: a plugged catalytic converter will restrict higher
          rpms or ability under load. May be accompanied by a different
          exhaust note or whistle.

          Tom Walrod

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2005
            i only have half of my muffler will that hurt my
            engines performance? the big cylinder thing broke off