SERVICE RESET

  • zeslain_1
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005
      I own a 1986 535I AND AM LOVING IT.IT'S KILLING ME THOUGH TRYING TO
      FIND OUT HOW TO GET SERVICE ENGINE AND OIL LIGHTS WARNINGS TO GO
      AWAY.I'VE READ ABOUT SOME BATTERIES I'M OFF TO SEARCH FOR AFTER THIS
      POSTING BEHIND THE GAUGES ON THE DASH AND WILL REPLACE THEM.HOW DO I
      RESET THE LIGHTS WITHOUT THE SPECIAL TOOL.DOES SOMEONE HAVE THIS INFO
      OUT THERE.I'VE GOT A DIAGRAM OF MY 15 POINT RESET DEVICE BUT NOTHING
      ELSE EXCEPT A HAINES BOOK.
    • john Gieringer
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005
        Check these links:
        http://www.bmwworld.com/repairs/maintenance.htm - explaination of the
        service lights
        http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/electrical/e36_reset_service_lights.html -
        make your own reset tool!
        http://www9.brinkster.com/bmwclubact/hints/servicelightbatteries/batreplace.
        htm - service light battery replacement
        http://www.unofficialbmw.com/repair_faqs/sil.html - another article covering
        making a reset tool.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2005
          Thank you so much ,all of the info was so helpful and more than I had hoped for.Life now will become easier..Merry Christmas...