Wheel & Tire Combinations for 528e

  • mort_batchelder
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2005
      I am contemplating upgrading to 16 or 17" rims on my '88 528e. I have
      lowered the car about 1.25" with H&R Springs/Bilstein HDs so I was
      wondering if anyone knew what tire size and rim width would fit the
      car and what offset I need. Thanks!

      mort
    • Jeff Johns
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
        Hi Mort,

        I have done a similar mod to my wife's E28 M5 with lowering and
        Bilsteins.
        I replaced the original wheels with BMW 17 X 8s. They were genuine BMW
        wheels so I do not know what the offset is. This allowed me to upgrade
        the brakes. I now have 4 spot calipers all round with harger diameter
        two piece disks on the fromt and vented rear E39 disks on the rear. It
        stops verry well and the suspension ensures that it stays flat around
        the corners.

        Regards Jeff
      • bryan_engle
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 23, 2005
          Mort -

          Check out Shawn D's Wheel and Tire Tutorial:
          http://www.cowtownzclub.org/tech/e28wheel_tutorial_2004-03-02.html

          Should answer your questions.

          - Bryan

          --- In bmwe28@..., "mort_batchelder"
          <mort_batchelder@y...> wrote:

          > I am contemplating upgrading to 16 or 17" rims on my '88 528e. I
          have
          > lowered the car about 1.25" with H&R Springs/Bilstein HDs so I was
          > wondering if anyone knew what tire size and rim width would fit
          the
          > car and what offset I need. Thanks!
          >
          > mort

        • mort_batchelder
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
            Thanks Bryan, there is great info there.

            Mort