NGK ZGR5A

  • tomxx72002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2006
      I purchased a 1988 535is last month and when I checked the plugs I had
      AC Delco R42XLS installed in the motor. The owner manual says Bosch
      WR9LS but I have been told NGK ZGR5A work well. I believe they are
      cheaper and easy to obtain. Has anyone had experience using the NGK's?
      thanks,Tom
    • Joel T. Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2006
        Hi,

        The only thing I can say is a German spark plug with a German car. I have not used anything else so I really can not say that it will not work as you have a part number that matches with your setup. However, it has come to my minor experience that for example on a Japanese car a Nippo-Denso and NGK plug so I would suggest a Beru or a Bosch plug for your car.
        It does not have to be the multi-electrode as I have heard some stories here and there that you would be just dumping your money.

        I hope this helps,

        Joel T. Gonzalez
        San Antonio, TX.
        (83) 528e

        tomxx72002 <no_reply@...> wrote:
        I purchased a 1988 535is last month and when I checked the plugs I had
        AC Delco R42XLS installed in the motor. The owner manual says Bosch
        WR9LS but I have been told NGK ZGR5A work well. I believe they are
        cheaper and easy to obtain. Has anyone had experience using the NGK's?
        thanks,Tom

      • dave ruiz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2006
          I have used NGK plugs in German cars for years with excelent results! I
          wouldn't hesitate to use them.-Dave Ruiz

          If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens
          When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
          his sleep.
          Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
          --Author Unknown

          >From: "Joel T. Gonzalez" <purplehead2002@...>
          >To: bmwe28@...
          >Subject: Re: [bmw e28] NGK ZGR5A
          >Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:27:30 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >Hi,
          >
          > The only thing I can say is a German spark plug with a German car.
          >I have not used anything else so I really can not say that it will not work
          >as you have a part number that matches with your setup. However, it has
          >come to my minor experience that for example on a Japanese car a
          >Nippo-Denso and NGK plug so I would suggest a Beru or a Bosch plug for your
          >car.
          > It does not have to be the multi-electrode as I have heard some
          >stories here and there that you would be just dumping your money.
          >
          > I hope this helps,
          >
          > Joel T. Gonzalez
          > San Antonio, TX.
          > (83) 528e
          >
          >tomxx72002 <no_reply@...> wrote:
          > I purchased a 1988 535is last month and when I checked the plugs I had
          >AC Delco R42XLS installed in the motor. The owner manual says Bosch
          >WR9LS but I have been told NGK ZGR5A work well. I believe they are
          >cheaper and easy to obtain. Has anyone had experience using the NGK's?
          >thanks,Tom

        • Andrew W. Hill
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25, 2006
            >I purchased a 1988 535is last month and when I checked the plugs I had
            >AC Delco R42XLS installed in the motor. The owner manual says Bosch
            >WR9LS but I have been told NGK ZGR5A work well. I believe they are
            >cheaper and easy to obtain. Has anyone had experience using the NGK's?
            >thanks,Tom

            I used NGKs because they were half the price of the Bosch part.
            Haven't heard anything bad about them from anyone who's used them.

            Andrew
          • bimmernutjob
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2006
              I have always had good luck with AC spark plugs, they are long lasting and good quality. I
              know this is an old message, just wanted to put in a plug for AC plugs.

              When it comes to motorcycles, my brother-in-law stands by NGK. He was a motorcycle
              mechanic for 20 years, and raced moto 10 years.

              otto