What do you need?

  • straightouttatrumpton
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 10, 2006
      Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had no luck
      selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
      some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
      rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
      I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
      going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
      no doubt get it!

      Les.
    • Robert Booth
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 10, 2006
        I want:
        1.) left side passenger door ashtray (assuming it is vintage 81-88 model year e28)
        2.) a coolant sensor (in the cap of the coolant overflow bottle)
        3.) trunk carpeting
        4.) headlight switch and bracket (insert)
        5.) fog light switch and bracket (insert)
        6.) rear-window defroster on/off button
        7.) the plastic button on the fold-down arm-rest pivot for the front passenger seat
        8.) last but certainly the most expensive, the entire cylinder head w/valvetrain.

        Please give me some idea of which items you're willing to part with and how much for each.

        Also, do you have the dashboard on-board computer or the plain clock. I have a flaky on-board computer and would happily replace it with just a clock.

        straightouttatrumpton <straightouttatrumpton@...> wrote:
        Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had no luck
        selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
        some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
        rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
        I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
        going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
        no doubt get it!

        Les.

      • dave ruiz
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 11, 2006
          I suggest you take your transactions off-board and e-mail directly.

          If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens
          When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
          his sleep.
          Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
          --Author Unknown

          >From: Robert Booth <rpboothe@...>
          >To: bmwe28@...
          >Subject: Re: [bmw e28] What do you need?
          >Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:40:53 -0800 (PST)
          >
          >I want:
          > 1.) left side passenger door ashtray (assuming it is vintage 81-88 model
          >year e28)
          > 2.) a coolant sensor (in the cap of the coolant overflow bottle)
          > 3.) trunk carpeting
          > 4.) headlight switch and bracket (insert)
          > 5.) fog light switch and bracket (insert)
          > 6.) rear-window defroster on/off button
          > 7.) the plastic button on the fold-down arm-rest pivot for the front
          >passenger seat
          > 8.) last but certainly the most expensive, the entire cylinder head
          >w/valvetrain.
          >
          > Please give me some idea of which items you're willing to part with and
          >how much for each.
          >
          > Also, do you have the dashboard on-board computer or the plain clock. I
          >have a flaky on-board computer and would happily replace it with just a
          >clock.
          >
          >straightouttatrumpton <straightouttatrumpton@...> wrote:
          > Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had no luck
          >selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
          >some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
          >rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
          >I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
          >going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
          >no doubt get it!
          >
          >Les.

        • Les
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 11, 2006
            Will have a look at what I've got this afternoon and email you directly
            later.

            Robert Booth wrote:

            > I want:
            > 1.) left side passenger door ashtray (assuming it is vintage 81-88
            > model year e28)
            > 2.) a coolant sensor (in the cap of the coolant overflow bottle)
            > 3.) trunk carpeting
            > 4.) headlight switch and bracket (insert)
            > 5.) fog light switch and bracket (insert)
            > 6.) rear-window defroster on/off button
            > 7.) the plastic button on the fold-down arm-rest pivot for the front
            > passenger seat
            > 8.) last but certainly the most expensive, the entire cylinder head
            > w/valvetrain.
            >
            > Please give me some idea of which items you're willing to part with
            > and how much for each.
            >
            > Also, do you have the dashboard on-board computer or the plain
            > clock. I have a flaky on-board computer and would happily replace it
            > with just a clock.
            >
            > straightouttatrumpton <straightouttatrumpton@...> wrote:
            > Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had no luck
            > selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
            > some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
            > rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
            > I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
            > going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
            > no doubt get it!
            >
            > Les.

            > Service <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html>.

          • Les
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 11, 2006
              I should also have mentioned that I'm located in the UK.

              > > Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had no luck
              > > selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
              > > some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
              > > rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
              > > I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
              > > going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
              > > no doubt get it!
              > >
              > > Les.

            • randy wallick
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 12, 2006
                dave ruiz <daveruiz50@...> wrote: I suggest you take your transactions off-board and e-mail directly.

                If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens
                When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
                his sleep.
                Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
                --Author Unknown

                >From: Robert Booth <rpboothe@...>
                >To: bmwe28@...
                >Subject: Re: [bmw e28] What do you need?
                >Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:40:53 -0800 (PST)
                >
                >I want:
                > 1.) left side passenger door ashtray (assuming it is vintage 81-88 model
                >year e28)
                > 2.) a coolant sensor (in the cap of the coolant overflow bottle)
                > 3.) trunk carpeting
                > 4.) headlight switch and bracket (insert)
                > 5.) fog light switch and bracket (insert)
                > 6.) rear-window defroster on/off button
                > 7.) the plastic button on the fold-down arm-rest pivot for the front
                >passenger seat
                > 8.) last but certainly the most expensive, the entire cylinder head
                >w/valvetrain.
                >
                > Please give me some idea of which items you're willing to part with and
                >how much for each.
                >
                > Also, do you have the dashboard on-board computer or the plain clock. I
                >have a flaky on-board computer and would happily replace it with just a
                >clock.
                >
                >straightouttatrumpton <straightouttatrumpton@...> wrote:
                > Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had no luck
                >selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
                >some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
                >rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
                >I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
                >going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
                >no doubt get it!
                >
                >Les.

              • straightouttatrumpton
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 13, 2006
                  Well thanks there Randy but I heard him the first time.

                  --- In bmwe28@..., randy wallick <littlelorenzo7@y...>
                  wrote:

                  > dave ruiz <daveruiz50@h...> wrote: I suggest you take your
                  transactions off-board and e-mail directly.

                  > If you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William
                  Stephens
                  > When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in
                  > his sleep.
                  > Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."
                  > --Author Unknown
                  >

                  > >From: Robert Booth <rpboothe@y...>
                  > >To: bmwe28@...
                  > >Subject: Re: [bmw e28] What do you need?
                  > >Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:40:53 -0800 (PST)
                  > >
                  > >I want:
                  > > 1.) left side passenger door ashtray (assuming it is vintage
                  81-88 model
                  > >year e28)
                  > > 2.) a coolant sensor (in the cap of the coolant overflow bottle)
                  > > 3.) trunk carpeting
                  > > 4.) headlight switch and bracket (insert)
                  > > 5.) fog light switch and bracket (insert)
                  > > 6.) rear-window defroster on/off button
                  > > 7.) the plastic button on the fold-down arm-rest pivot for the
                  front
                  > >passenger seat
                  > > 8.) last but certainly the most expensive, the entire cylinder head
                  > >w/valvetrain.
                  > >
                  > > Please give me some idea of which items you're willing to part
                  with and
                  > >how much for each.
                  > >
                  > > Also, do you have the dashboard on-board computer or the plain
                  clock. I
                  > >have a flaky on-board computer and would happily replace it with
                  just a
                  > >clock.
                  > >
                  > >straightouttatrumpton <straightouttatrumpton@y...> wrote:
                  > > Hi all from a one time regular poster on here (as les741). Had
                  no luck
                  > >selling my old girl so now she's being taken to bits, have already put
                  > >some bits on ebay but have nearly a whole car worth of parts to get
                  > >rid of, let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do for you,
                  > >I don't really want to let it all go for free but I'm not exactly
                  > >going to charge the earth either! so offer me a silly price and you'll
                  > >no doubt get it!
                  > >
                  > >Les.

                  Service.

                • Steven
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 20, 2006
                    Hi to everybody, I hope someone can help me. I have a 520i when I`m driving the car turns off, yes I can feel a progressive lost of power it`s just like it`s running out of fuel. The trouble seem solved by turning off and turning on the engine. I checked the electrical system and it`s right, I changed the fuel filter and the trouble remains. How can I check the fuel pump??? What can I do???
                  • Les
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 20, 2006
                      When it cuts out, try taking off your fuel filler cap and listen for a
                      'hiss'. This would mean your tank breather is blocked, creating a vacuum
                      in your fuel tank preventing the fuel from flowing.

                      Steven wrote:

                      > Hi to everybody, I hope someone can help me. I have a 520i when I`m
                      > driving the car turns off, yes I can feel a progressive lost of power
                      > it`s just like it`s running out of fuel. The trouble seem solved by
                      > turning off and turning on the engine. I checked the electrical system
                      > and it`s right, I changed the fuel filter and the trouble remains. How
                      > can I check the fuel pump??? What can I do???

                      > Service <http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms.html>.

                    • Frances Camara
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 21, 2006
                        hay had the same prob with my 520i 85 model.my car use to die out also.i fixed it by having my air flow meter,it had been tampered with when i had taken to this mechanic 2 fix a problm he tampered with it,idiot.i took it to another mechanic and got the problem fixed.you cant get a second hand one its better to get a genuine part.cya

                        Steven <steven_rik@...> wrote: Hi to everybody, I hope someone can help me. I have a 520i when I`m driving the car turns off, yes I can feel a progressive lost of power it`s just like it`s running out of fuel. The trouble seem solved by turning off and turning on the engine. I checked the electrical system and it`s right, I changed the fuel filter and the trouble remains. How can I check the fuel pump??? What can I do???

                      • Frances Camara
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 21, 2006
                          hay had the same prob with my 520i 85 model.my car use to die out also.i fixed it by having my air flow meter replaced,it had been tampered with when i had taken to this mechanic 2 fix a problm he tampered with it,idiot.i took it to another mechanic and got the problem fixed.you cant get a second hand one its better to get a genuine part.cya

                          Steven <steven_rik@...> wrote: Hi to everybody, I hope someone can help me. I have a 520i when I`m driving the car turns off, yes I can feel a progressive lost of power it`s just like it`s running out of fuel. The trouble seem solved by turning off and turning on the engine. I checked the electrical system and it`s right, I changed the fuel filter and the trouble remains. How can I check the fuel pump??? What can I do???

                        • John
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 25, 2006
                            --- In bmwe28@..., Steven <steven_rik@y...> wrote:

                            > Hi to everybody, I hope someone can help me. I have a 520i when I`m
                            driving the car turns off, yes I can feel a progressive lost of power
                            it`s just like it`s running out of fuel. The trouble seem solved by
                            turning off and turning on the engine. I checked the electrical system
                            and it`s right, I changed the fuel filter and the trouble remains. How
                            can I check the fuel pump??? What can I do???
                            > If you want to check the fuel pump you may need to check 2 pumps
                            the first pump (low pressure) in the tank transfers the fuel out of the
                            tank then a second pump (high pressure) takes over to the engine.On my
                            beemer 528i 1982 there is a cover plate in the boot (trunk) that is the
                            low pressure pump and the sender unit. I hope this will help John.