Steering 50+ Shimmy/vibration

  • rabalagot
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      Hi guys, I just wanted to know if anyone had a remedy for the 50+mph
      shimmy. my steering seems to be vibrating. I lowered my car I have
      17 inch rims, I just got a wheel balancing, rotation and alignment,
      but i still seem to have the shakes. Are their any suggestions of how
      I can resolve this problem? Please let me know if you come across this.
      Thanks
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
        --- In bmwe28@..., "rabalagot" <rabalagot@y...> wrote:

        > Hi guys, I just wanted to know if anyone had a remedy for the 50+mph
        > shimmy. my steering seems to be vibrating. I lowered my car I have
        > 17 inch rims, I just got a wheel balancing, rotation and alignment,
        > but i still seem to have the shakes. Are their any suggestions of how
        > I can resolve this problem? Please let me know if you come across
        this.
        > Thanks

        Hi Rab, I presume you have brand new rims and tyres. If you are
        completely satisfied the wheel bal and alignment was done properly to
        Factory specification (which is not all ways the case)You may need to
        check ball joints on the steering group and any others that control the
        wheel (control arm, thrust arm)these all have ball joints, a good
        mechanic can check for wear. GOOD luck John from Oz.
      • Allan Balagot
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
          thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.