tires

  • Brett Peavey
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2006
      hello all,
      i just purchased a set of 18" rims for my 88 e28 and
      was wondering what is the largest tire size that will
      fit...i was thinking 235/40, any suggestions?
      thanks
      brett

    • John
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2006
        --- In bmwe28@..., Brett Peavey <pv9@y...> wrote:

        > hello all,
        > i just purchased a set of 18" rims for my 88 e28 and
        > was wondering what is the largest tire size that will
        > fit...i was thinking 235/40, any suggestions?
        > thanks
        > brett
        >
        > Hi brett ,What is the rim width 18" x ? I recently replaced my
        metric rims, for 16"x7" rims,the tyres are 16" 205/55. (the 205mm is
        approx 8")I hope that helps. John

        > Do You Yahoo!?
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Brett Peavey
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 8, 2006
          the rims are 18x8 i would like to get the widest tires
          i can.

          --- John <grafton_56@...> wrote:

          > --- In bmwe28@..., Brett Peavey
          > <pv9@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > hello all,
          > > i just purchased a set of 18" rims for my 88 e28
          > and
          > > was wondering what is the largest tire size that
          > will
          > > fit...i was thinking 235/40, any suggestions?
          > > thanks
          > > brett
          > >
          > > Hi brett ,What is the rim width 18" x ? I
          > recently replaced my
          > metric rims, for 16"x7" rims,the tyres are 16"
          > 205/55. (the 205mm is
          > approx 8")I hope that helps. John
          >

          > > Do You Yahoo!?
          > protection around
          > > http://mail.yahoo.com

          Brett Peavey
          Microwave Component Sources
          Ph. 904.721.3711
          Fax. 904-721-3714
          Cell. 904.210.6573
          PV9@...
          www.microwavecomponentsources.com

        • John
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
            ..i was thinking 235/40, any suggestions?
            > > > thanks
            > > > brett
            > > >
            > > > Hi brett ,What is the rim width 18" x ? I
            > > recently replaced my
            > > metric rims, for 16"x7" rims,the tyres are 16"
            > > 205/55. (the 205mm is
            > > approx 8")I hope that helps. John

            Hi again Brett, if the rim size 18"x8" your choice of tire size
            of 235/40 will be a alright.You will need to check body clearance
            particularly the front when steering. I'am not sure myself
            JOHN.