re what are you driving

  • Devon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2006
      I just got a 83 533i .very suprised ,this thing hauls ass!!Even with
      260000 k on her ,she doesnt smoke or burn any oil,and has the original
      auto tranny(scarey)or so im told by former owner who bought it
      new.came with all paper work and service records.exterior is super
      clean,interior is so so.i replaced the piston rod bearings,and
      crankshaft bearings,just for the hell of it ,and im glad I did since
      they were shot!.also have a 1995 525iM
    • phillip maddix
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 25, 2006
        What am I driving... I wish I was!

        Recently been GIVEN (man, Im lucky sometimes) a beautiful 1985 525e after failing it's MOT on;

        Rear brake discs - slightly pitted but hey, no biggy
        Rear sub-frame axle bushes that are deteriated from excessive movement

        So naturally I was very happy to take this motor off the hands of the previous owner, as he was going to scrap it rather than do the work himself or to get it done. This would have been a real shame as she drives so well and has only 106,000 on the clock. Complete with full service history and previous owners listed.

        At the stage now where I need to take both trailing arms and take them to a suitable garage to have the old bushes taken out and the new ones pushed in. It's quite fair to say I'm a novice where bimmers are concerned but...

        I'm gettin there!! Summer this year is gonna be pretty cool