TRX tyres man

  • paulhunter3456
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
      M8's!!!!! where am i supposed to get TRX tyres from does anyone know a
      good source for these at reasonable price?

      or does anyone know what size imperial would fit an e28 5 series?

      Curse the betamax of tyre history.
    • Guy DiCesare
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
        Hello Paul. I understand Coker tire (in the U.S.)
        periodically makes a limited production run of the
        390's. You can find them on the web. Be prepared to
        give your car's vin# (prevents wholesalers from buying
        and marking them up-or so the legend
        goes............... Guy

        --- paulhunter3456 <oneshot179@...> wrote:

        > M8's!!!!! where am i supposed to get TRX tyres from
        > does anyone know a
        > good source for these at reasonable price?
        >
        > or does anyone know what size imperial would fit an
        > e28 5 series?
        >
        > Curse the betamax of tyre history.

      • r g
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 28, 2006
          I bought15"tires for my 535 on Ebay for a reasonable price.That sure eliminated a lot of problems.

        • whippit40@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 28, 2006
            Hi,
            I am new on here, presently driving an 84 528iSE, for what its worth, I came across a guy in Leicester (UK) with a stack (About 10 I guess) of part worn TRX's (mostly on Jag rims)he was asking £30 a tyre. I am looking to change my rims so not interested but if anyone else wants them I could put you in contact.
            John
          • john holst
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 28, 2006
              I heard a news item years ago from the U.S. bridgestone tyres were supplying imperial tyre and fitting them onto metric rims ,which resulted in car crashes and bridgestone ended up in court.This mis match of tyres was discovered to be the problem.While the tyres may seem to fit, under stress they let go. example 390mm rim 15" tyre. JOHN from OZ.

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo

            • Blake Nancarrow
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 29, 2006
                On Wednesday 29 March 2006 2:20 AM, whippit40@...
                wrote:
                > a guy in Leicester (UK) with a stack (About 10 I
                guess) of
                > part worn TRX's (mostly on Jag rims)he was asking
                £30 a tyre.

                I used a set of the wider and then the regular TRX
                tires on the 528e shortly after I got it.

                These tyres were about 9 years old.

                The problem with rubber that old is that it's not
                soft, they've dried out. They were like hockey pucks!
                In the dry, there were fine. In fact, I was
                surprised by the grip.

                But in the wet, a little tricky. In wet and cold, oh
                boy, crazy! No traction at all.

                Blake