What are we driving

  • David Field
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
      Hi everyone, I have an absolutely original April 1982 520iA. 125000 miles. I am the 4th owner and I have full service history.Car is ex UK. Silver with bronze tint windows. Factory mags. Electric windows. Full adjust front seats. Full adjust steering column.Rev counter but no vac gauge (econometer). Blue Houndstooth cloth seats.No sunroof.Early version of climate control ( no air con.) Presently smokes a bit when starting from cold - worn out valve stem seals - next project. By the way this can be done without removing the head - if anybody has the same problem, don't believe your BMW dealer when they say we have to take the head off for NZ$1000 then we'll start from there!! I have had the car for approx 3 years. Paid NZ$1500 for it - the previous owner had died and the car had been parked up for around 12 months.I also got a NZ new sept 82 520iA in the price for parts.Not a runner-minor collision at front. However interesting spec. Dark blue with the same seats as mine,
      except no lumbar support or full recline.Wind up windows. Standard heater. Manual sunroof. Vac Gauge at bottom of rev counter.Steel wheels with different size tyres to mine.Blue tint windows. Original BMW windscreen-my local glass man tells me these are slightly thicker than aftermarket replacements.Regards, Dave.

    • KK P
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
        I have a 1984 533i Black w/Pearl Beige Leather sunroof
        & computer, auto box. 3rd owner, all receipts from new
        (including dealer sticker) always lived in Sunny
        California, no rust, 200K on the odo, replaced engine
        with 130K miles last year , replaced metric rims
        w/1990 alloys. mostly original paint in beautiful
        condition. Always Garaged.
        Keith in San Francisco

      • Gerald Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2006
          I've got a black 88 535is, 243,000 mi, same engine
          and a blue-silver 86 535i with about 230,000 same
          engine, rusting at rocker panels and some doors.
          Both 5 speeds. Both still have cyl. compression
          between 145 and 155. Have been fun to fix (most of
          the time).

          --- KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote:

          > I have a 1984 533i Black w/Pearl Beige Leather
          > sunroof
          > & computer, auto box. 3rd owner, all receipts from
          > new
          > (including dealer sticker) always lived in Sunny
          > California, no rust, 200K on the odo, replaced
          > engine
          > with 130K miles last year , replaced metric rims
          > w/1990 alloys. mostly original paint in beautiful
          > condition. Always Garaged.
          > Keith in San Francisco

          > protection around
          > http://mail.yahoo.com