1988 528 E

  • dkendallgrigsby
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2006
      Can anyone tell me what size tires were original on my car. My spare
      is 14x6, does this sound right? The wheels had been changed when I
      bought it to those wide flat tires and they are terrible. I want to
      find replacements to the originals.

      HELP ME!
    • deshan waring
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2006
        Yes, that is correct. the original wheels/tires for that model were the 14x6" TRX wheels with 195/70/14R michelin TRX tires (very expensive and terrible). Originally, these were the only tires available in this size, so many people ditched the wheels for something better and more affordable...
        Now there are many excellent choices in and around that size. For my car 1987 528e I have the original wheels with 195/65/14 Yokahoma H4 VS tires.... they are awesome!! AA rated for wet traction, long tread life and cost about $90 each (the Michelins run in the $195ea range).

        I hope this helps you decide. good luck!

        dkendallgrigsby <dkendallgrigsby@...> wrote:
        Can anyone tell me what size tires were original on my car. My spare
        is 14x6, does this sound right? The wheels had been changed when I
        bought it to those wide flat tires and they are terrible. I want to
        find replacements to the originals.

        HELP ME!

        ________
        o/______\o
        (oo=00=oo) DeShan I Waring, Sr
        []------------[]

      • Yahoo Mail
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2006
          Yes, this helps but I need to find a set of the original wheels.

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2006
            Whereabouts are you?
            If you are in the UK may be able to help
            John

          • deshan waring
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2006
              they are on ebay all the time; usually pretty cheap. i'll check for you.

              Yahoo Mail <dkendallgrigsby@...> wrote: Yes, this helps but I need to find a set of the original wheels.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2006
                I'm in California.

                _____