up and down idle

  • carlosmciver
    Message 1 of 5 , May 19, 2006
      hello all, i would like to know if anyone can help me figure out to
      get my idle to stay at a steady level. a few seconds after start up
      the idle goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's. has anyone had this
      problem?
    • uriel protomartir

        Message 3 of 5 , May 22, 2006
          Having the same problem, with my 82, did a post a month ago and got no
          response, if you hear what it is from anyone let me know.
          Sorry I couldn't be more help....

          Scott Roberts
          82 528e, 230K miles

          --- In bmwe28@..., "carlosmciver" <carlosmciver@y...>
          wrote:

          > hello all, i would like to know if anyone can help me figure out to
          > get my idle to stay at a steady level. a few seconds after start up
          > the idle goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's. has anyone had
          this
          > problem?

        • carlosmciver
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23, 2006
            --- In bmwe28@..., "Scott Roberts" <srobertsmrdd@e...>

            <carlosmciver@y...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > hello all, i would like to know if anyone can help me figure out
            > > get my idle to stay at a steady level. a few seconds after
            start up
            > > the idle goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's. has anyone
            had
            > this
            > > problem?
            > >
            > hey you may have the same problem i HAD, i have a 1984 533i and
            after changing all components that i thought were related to the
            idle, i found a resistor inline on the positive side of the
            connector for the coolant temp sensor. i reconnected it and the
            problem went away, but my idle is still a little high, but
            steady!!! try it and let me know how it goes...
          • Mr james henry
            Message 5 of 5 , May 25, 2006
              When I first got my 5 I was experiencing idle
              problems. I purchased a new intake bellows, and then
              made sure that all hoses were sealed and had to adjust
              my throtle control while I was running in order to
              "reign" it in. Make sure your oil dipstick is in all
              the way with a proper seal as this can affect idle
              speeds as well. Hope this helps somewhat.

              --- carlosmciver <carlosmciver@...> wrote:

              ---------------------------------
              --- In bmwe28@..., "Scott Roberts"
              <srobertsmrdd@e...>

              <carlosmciver@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > hello all, i would like to know if anyone can help
              me figure out
              > > get my idle to stay at a steady level. a few
              seconds after
              start up
              > > the idle goes up and down a couple hundred rpm's.
              has anyone
              had
              > this
              > > problem?
              > >
              > hey you may have the same problem i HAD, i have a
              1984 533i and
              after changing all components that i thought were
              related to the
              idle, i found a resistor inline on the positive side
              of the
              connector for the coolant temp sensor. i reconnected
              it and the
              problem went away, but my idle is still a little high,
              but
              steady!!! try it and let me know how it goes...

              Terms of Service.

              James Henry