rear tail light assemblies, 84 528e cars

  • Blake Nancarrow
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2006
      OK. Weird question. Has anyone successfully removed
      the individual lenses from the tail light assemblies?

      I took the right tail light assembly from the parts
      car and I could swap it into the "good" car. But the
      corner reflector piece is cracked. Whereas the
      assembly in the "good" car has a smashed orange signal
      lens.

      I'd like to mix and match the good lenses to make one
      perfect assembly. But each lens _appears_ to be glued
      in! And after 20 years, they won't budge!

      cheers,
      Blake
    • KK P
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2006
        I don't believe you can separate the pieces.
        I found my replacement lense on Ebay for less than
        $10US. Good luck, Keith

        --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:

        > OK. Weird question. Has anyone successfully
        > removed
        > the individual lenses from the tail light
        > assemblies?
        >
        > I took the right tail light assembly from the parts
        > car and I could swap it into the "good" car. But
        > the
        > corner reflector piece is cracked. Whereas the
        > assembly in the "good" car has a smashed orange
        > signal
        > lens.
        >
        > I'd like to mix and match the good lenses to make
        > one
        > perfect assembly. But each lens _appears_ to be
        > glued
        > in! And after 20 years, they won't budge!
        >
        > cheers,
        > Blake

      • Mr james henry
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2006
          Blake, I believe that they are "glued" as I tried to
          remove one (albeit broken), in order to improve the
          look. Be careful.

          --- Blake Nancarrow <blaken@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------
          OK. Weird question. Has anyone successfully removed
          the individual lenses from the tail light assemblies?

          I took the right tail light assembly from the parts
          car and I could swap it into the "good" car. But the
          corner reflector piece is cracked. Whereas the
          assembly in the "good" car has a smashed orange signal

          lens.

          I'd like to mix and match the good lenses to make one
          perfect assembly. But each lens _appears_ to be glued

          in! And after 20 years, they won't budge!

          cheers,
          Blake

          Terms of Service.

          James Henry