533 and 528e comparrison

  • atocha_image
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2006
      Hello from antonio in the us,

      I own a 1983 533i, and 2 1984 528e's .

      The question is: does anyone know what is the same on these models as far as
      suspension, rear end, drive shaft ??

      Both of my 528e's are in dire condition and I am wondering if any rear end parts or
      suspension parts can be salvaged for the 533i ??

      where can I find out ???

      regards antonio
    • calmloki
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2006
        --- In bmwe28@..., "atocha_image" <atocha_image@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hello from antonio in the us,
        >
        > I own a 1983 533i, and 2 1984 528e's .
        >
        > The question is: does anyone know what is the same on these
        models as far as
        > suspension, rear end, drive shaft ??
        >
        > where can I find out ???
        >
        > regards antonio

        Antonio - i also have a '83 533i. Mid year the driveshaft changed -
        early was like automatic diameter for the center bearing, late like
        all other later standard trans as I recall. Check

        http://www.autohausaz.com/search/productx.aspx?
        sid=c2343455kukvxu45fvmujl55&makeid=800003@BMW&modelid=1012318@533I&y
        ear=1983&cid=17@Drivetrain%20Parts&gid=2276@Center%20Support/Support%
        20Bearing