Question: Fuel Filter Clamp

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
      Good Day!!
      I was having a repair shop replace my fuel filter and they said the
      clamp around the filter was rusty and that they were afraid to remove
      it. I have been trying to find a parts place that sells them but no
      such luck. The clamp looks like any standard clamp - can it be found
      in a hardware store?
      Thanks,
      Nick
    • Joel T. Gonzalez
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
        Any parts store, belt and pulley warehouse, or even a bearing warehouse with no problem should be able to help you out.
        Best regards,

        Joel T. Gonzalez
        San Antonio, TX.
        Nicholas <nadavis02@...> wrote:
        Good Day!!
        I was having a repair shop replace my fuel filter and they said the
        clamp around the filter was rusty and that they were afraid to remove
        it. I have been trying to find a parts place that sells them but no
        such luck. The clamp looks like any standard clamp - can it be found
        in a hardware store?
        Thanks,
        Nick

      • bimmernutjob
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
          yeah, I dont know what the deal is on parts providers ? It's often the case you cant get
          clamps and gasgets, etc...

          try to email steve haygood, he's a member of our chatgroup and very helpful

          sfhaygood@...

          --- In bmwe28@..., "Nicholas" <nadavis02@y...> wrote:

          > Good Day!!
          > I was having a repair shop replace my fuel filter and they said the
          > clamp around the filter was rusty and that they were afraid to remove
          > it. I have been trying to find a parts place that sells them but no
          > such luck. The clamp looks like any standard clamp - can it be found
          > in a hardware store?
          > Thanks,
          > Nick

        • Steve Haygood
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
            got a few clamps sitting at me desk
            Steve

            Steve Haygood
            BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
            03/04/05 Official 5er Fest Sponsor
            03/04/05 Official Sharkfest Sponsor

            _____

            yeah, I dont know what the deal is on parts providers ? It's often the
            case you cant get
            clamps and gasgets, etc...

            try to email steve haygood, he's a member of our chatgroup and very
            helpful

            sfhaygood@...

            --- In bmwe28@..., "Nicholas" <nadavis02@y...> wrote:

            > Good Day!!
            > I was having a repair shop replace my fuel filter and they said the
            > clamp around the filter was rusty and that they were afraid to remove
            > it. I have been trying to find a parts place that sells them but no
            > such luck. The clamp looks like any standard clamp - can it be found
            > in a hardware store?
            > Thanks,
            > Nick

          • Ron Kall
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2006
              They say that you should use fuel injection hoses,
              or the ones from the stealer. Kragen et al will sell
              you a four pack for under $2.00 I think.

              --- bimmernutjob <bimmernutjob@...> wrote:

              > yeah, I dont know what the deal is on parts providers ? It's often the case you cant get
              > clamps and gasgets, etc...
              >
              > try to email steve haygood, he's a member of our chatgroup and very helpful
              >
              > sfhaygood@...
              >

              > --- In bmwe28@..., "Nicholas" <nadavis02@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Good Day!!
              > > I was having a repair shop replace my fuel filter and they said the
              > > clamp around the filter was rusty and that they were afraid to remove
              > > it. I have been trying to find a parts place that sells them but no
              > > such luck. The clamp looks like any standard clamp - can it be found
              > > in a hardware store?
              > > Thanks,
              > > Nick

              Ron Kall
              Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

              1986 528e
              1985 535i
            • Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                Hi - how much you want for these clamps?

                Steve Haygood <sfhaygood@...> wrote: got a few clamps sitting at me desk
                Steve

                Steve Haygood
                BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
                03/04/05 Official 5er Fest Sponsor
                03/04/05 Official Sharkfest Sponsor

                _____

                yeah, I dont know what the deal is on parts providers ? It's often the
                case you cant get
                clamps and gasgets, etc...

                try to email steve haygood, he's a member of our chatgroup and very
                helpful

                sfhaygood@...

                --- In bmwe28@..., "Nicholas" <nadavis02@y...> wrote:

                > Good Day!!
                > I was having a repair shop replace my fuel filter and they said the
                > clamp around the filter was rusty and that they were afraid to remove
                > it. I have been trying to find a parts place that sells them but no
                > such luck. The clamp looks like any standard clamp - can it be found
                > in a hardware store?
                > Thanks,
                > Nick

                Thanks,
                Nick A. Davis
                Director
                Detour Memphis - Online Magazine

                Check Out the BLOG - The World of Nick A. Davis

                A Starr On The Moon Production Video Site

              • Steve Haygood
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                  depends on size and qty, for the small clamps about 60 cents each

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                    What forms of payment do you accept? I would like to purchase a mixed bunch of clamps please.

                    Steve Haygood <sfhaygood@...> wrote: depends on size and qty, for the small clamps about 60 cents each

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 12, 2006
                      visa or m/c are fine

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 18, 2006