Engine swap????

  • Tony and Lauren
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
      I just want to say hello to everyone in the group first you have a
      great group of people here! Second I was just given a 1988 528e and i
      would like to know if anyone knows the best engine swap I could do
      without buying and e28 m5 engine where money is tight. I have seen a
      few engines on ebay but if anyone could tell me what i could use or
      what would fit ie; e34 535, 530, 540 any info would be greatly
      appriciated.

      Tony
    • Tony and Lauren

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
          Tony,
          I got a great deal on my engine replacement (March
          2005)from Bavarian Auto Recycling & Used BMW Parts,
          ($750US). 2 year warranty.
          I worked with Jay Nessler (jay@...) or
          800-269-0863. The website is awesome for anything you
          need for a BMW. http://bmrparts.com/
          Good Luck,
          Keith
          1984 5331

          --- Tony and Lauren <machelli146@...> wrote:

          > I just want to say hello to everyone in the group
          > first you have a
          > great group of people here! Second I was just given
          > a 1988 528e and i
          > would like to know if anyone knows the best engine
          > swap I could do
          > without buying and e28 m5 engine where money is
          > tight. I have seen a
          > few engines on ebay but if anyone could tell me what
          > i could use or
          > what would fit ie; e34 535, 530, 540 any info would
          > be greatly
          > appriciated.
          >
          > Tony

        • tony fairhurst
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
            what kind of engine did you get? and thanks for the info

            KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote: Tony,
            I got a great deal on my engine replacement (March
            2005)from Bavarian Auto Recycling & Used BMW Parts,
            ($750US). 2 year warranty.
            I worked with Jay Nessler (jay@...) or
            800-269-0863. The website is awesome for anything you
            need for a BMW. http://bmrparts.com/
            Good Luck,
            Keith
            1984 5331

            --- Tony and Lauren <machelli146@...> wrote:

            > I just want to say hello to everyone in the group
            > first you have a
            > great group of people here! Second I was just given
            > a 1988 528e and i
            > would like to know if anyone knows the best engine
            > swap I could do
            > without buying and e28 m5 engine where money is
            > tight. I have seen a
            > few engines on ebay but if anyone could tell me what
            > i could use or
            > what would fit ie; e34 535, 530, 540 any info would
            > be greatly
            > appriciated.
            >
            > Tony

          • KK P
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
              I got another 533 with 130K on it. I was going to get
              a 535 but that required other bolt on items I did not
              need.

              --- tony fairhurst <machelli146@...> wrote:

              > what kind of engine did you get? and thanks for the
              > info
              >
              > KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote: Tony,
              > I got a great deal on my engine replacement (March
              > 2005)from Bavarian Auto Recycling & Used BMW Parts,
              > ($750US). 2 year warranty.
              > I worked with Jay Nessler (jay@...) or
              > 800-269-0863. The website is awesome for anything
              > you
              > need for a BMW. http://bmrparts.com/
              > Good Luck,
              > Keith
              > 1984 5331
              >
              > --- Tony and Lauren <machelli146@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I just want to say hello to everyone in the group
              > > first you have a
              > > great group of people here! Second I was just
              > given
              > > a 1988 528e and i
              > > would like to know if anyone knows the best engine
              > > swap I could do
              > > without buying and e28 m5 engine where money is
              > > tight. I have seen a
              > > few engines on ebay but if anyone could tell me
              > what
              > > i could use or
              > > what would fit ie; e34 535, 530, 540 any info
              > would
              > > be greatly
              > > appriciated.
              > >
              > > Tony

              > protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              > removed]

            • tony fairhurst
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
                Do you know if i can go from a 528e to a 535? also the engine I have has only 90k on it

                KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote: I got another 533 with 130K on it. I was going to get
                a 535 but that required other bolt on items I did not
                need.

                --- tony fairhurst <machelli146@...> wrote:

                > what kind of engine did you get? and thanks for the
                > info
                >
                > KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote: Tony,
                > I got a great deal on my engine replacement (March
                > 2005)from Bavarian Auto Recycling & Used BMW Parts,
                > ($750US). 2 year warranty.
                > I worked with Jay Nessler (jay@...) or
                > 800-269-0863. The website is awesome for anything
                > you
                > need for a BMW. http://bmrparts.com/
                > Good Luck,
                > Keith
                > 1984 5331
                >
                > --- Tony and Lauren <machelli146@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I just want to say hello to everyone in the group
                > > first you have a
                > > great group of people here! Second I was just
                > given
                > > a 1988 528e and i
                > > would like to know if anyone knows the best engine
                > > swap I could do
                > > without buying and e28 m5 engine where money is
                > > tight. I have seen a
                > > few engines on ebay but if anyone could tell me
                > what
                > > i could use or
                > > what would fit ie; e34 535, 530, 540 any info
                > would
                > > be greatly
                > > appriciated.
                > >
                > > Tony

                > protection around
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

                > removed]

              • KK P
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
                  Yes I know you can go to the bigger engine.
                  What I don't know is what other parts you'll need to
                  do it.
                  Is your engine in good order?
                  If so maybe BMR will swap it for the 535.
                  I would give them a call to get all the other parts
                  you'll need for the swap.
                  My 533 was only produced for 2 year so I didn't have a
                  lot of options for a low mileage replacement.
                  They did have 535s with lower numbers on the Odo.

                • tony fairhurst
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 14, 2006
                    Thanks for all the info KeithI am going to see if I can do the swap with an engine out of a e34 I love the valve cover and I know someone that can paint it
                    KK P <bigdogsfman@...> wrote: Yes I know you can go to the bigger engine.