BIO DIESAL BMW

  • bimmernutjob
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2006
      Gents

      I saw my first diesal e28 the other day, a 1986 524td ( rare in us )
      Owner had just sold car, and was running it on homemade bio-diesal
      he said it had 250,000 miles and ran fine

      he makes his own fuel by collecting used cooking oil, and using the thin part of oil
      no pre-heater required - but apparently goes through fuel filters
      don't try this with modern diesal engines (direct injection)

      In fact he went to the Lincoln dealer and bought the remaining stock of fuel filters
      Lincoln diesal used same engine as the e28