BMW 528i Eggernberger Gr A for sale

  • phdmphdm
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2006
      1982 BMW 528i Eggenberger (E28) Group A race car for sale due to
      change of plans.

      Car built by Eggenberger in 1982.
      It competed in the 1982 European Touring Car and Italian
      Championships.
      It later raced between 1986 and 1988.
      It had 3 owners from new.

      It is, apart from the air jacks, totally identical to the car of
      Kelleners and Grano who were European Touring Car Champions in 1982.
      Sister car won the 24 hours of Spa-Francorchamps in 1982.

      The car has got all the works homologated parts.
      This includes:
      - rose jointed suspension,
      - Bilstein shock absorbers,
      - adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars,
      - Getrag 5-speed race gearbox with dogleg first,
      - 75% limited split differential with oil cooler,
      - BBS 16" split rims with centre lock,
      - AP Racing aluminium 4 pot callipers front and rear and ventilated
      brake discs,
      - pedal box adjustable from the cockpit,
      - quick steering box,
      - 120 litres fuel tank with FIA dry break fillers.

      This is a proper period works racing car with known history, in
      fantastic original and unmolested condition.

      Now fitted with a newly built steel rollcage, it comes with new
      homologated Recaro seat, Schroth harness and fire system.

      This is a rare opportunity to purchase a genuine ex-works race car
      and a piece of BMW racing history. Only a few complete cars were
      built by Eggenberger.

      The car is located in Belgium.

      Open to sensible offers.

      Photos available.
    • John Forbey
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2006
        Just being curious-what would be a reasonable offer
        for this car?

        John F. Forbey

      • Philippe DEMEYER
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 26, 2006
          I am asking for offers so don't ask me.

          Philippe DEMEYER
          Avenue Rogier, 24/011
          B-4000 Liege
          Belgium
          Tel : + 32 475 63 67 68
          Fax : + 32 4 320 43 14
          e-mail : phdm@... / phildemeyer@...

          NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
          Please note the address phildemeyer@... is replaced by phildemeyer@...

          _____

          --- phdmphdm <phdm@...> wrote:

          > 1982 BMW 528i Eggenberger (E28) Group A race car for
          > sale due to
          > change of plans.
          >
          > Car built by Eggenberger in 1982.
          > It competed in the 1982 European Touring Car and
          > Italian
          > Championships.
          > It later raced between 1986 and 1988.
          > It had 3 owners from new.
          >
          > It is, apart from the air jacks, totally identical
          > to the car of
          > Kelleners and Grano who were European Touring Car
          > Champions in 1982.
          > Sister car won the 24 hours of Spa-Francorchamps in
          > 1982.
          >
          > The car has got all the works homologated parts.
          > This includes:
          > - rose jointed suspension,
          > - Bilstein shock absorbers,
          > - adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars,
          > - Getrag 5-speed race gearbox with dogleg first,
          > - 75% limited split differential with oil cooler,
          > - BBS 16" split rims with centre lock,
          > - AP Racing aluminium 4 pot callipers front and rear
          > and ventilated
          > brake discs,
          > - pedal box adjustable from the cockpit,
          > - quick steering box,
          > - 120 litres fuel tank with FIA dry break fillers.
          >
          > This is a proper period works racing car with known
          > history, in
          > fantastic original and unmolested condition.
          >
          > Now fitted with a newly built steel rollcage, it
          > comes with new
          > homologated Recaro seat, Schroth harness and fire
          > system.
          >
          > This is a rare opportunity to purchase a genuine
          > ex-works race car
          > and a piece of BMW racing history. Only a few
          > complete cars were
          > built by Eggenberger.
          >
          > The car is located in Belgium.
          >
          > Open to sensible offers.
          >
          > Photos available.

        • Carl Jones
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2006
            That was a most informative answer.

            Regards,

            Carl.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 28, 2006
              That's what I'm sayin'. I guess the bids start here;
              but how valuable is this thing?

            • dave ruiz
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 28, 2006
                Gentlemen, this is not e-bay. I suggest you take this transaction off-list. Dave RuizIf you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown

                To: bmwe28@...: jforbey@...: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:48:43 -0700Subject: Re: [bmw e28] BMW 528i Eggernberger Gr A for saleThat's what I'm sayin'. I guess the bids start here;but how valuable is this thing?--- Carl Jones <carl@...> wrote:> That was a most informative answer.> > Regards,> > Carl.> > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Philippe DEMEYER" <phildemeyer@...>> To: <bmwe28@...>> Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:38 AM> Subject: RE: [bmw e28] BMW 528i Eggernberger Gr A> for sale> > > I am asking for offers so don't ask me.> > > Philippe DEMEYER> Avenue Rogier, 24/011> B-4000 Liege> Belgium> Tel : + 32 475 63 67 68> Fax : + 32 4 320 43 14> e-mail : phdm@... / phildemeyer@...> > NEW EMAIL ADDRESS> Please note the address phildemeyer@... is> replaced by > phildemeyer@...> > > > _____> > De : bmwe28@...> [mailto:bmwe28@...] De la part > de John Forbey> Envoyé : samedi 26 août 2006 15:27> À : bmwe28@...> Objet : Re: [bmw e28] BMW 528i Eggernberger Gr A for> sale> > > Just being curious-what would be a reasonable offer> for this car?> > John F. Forbey> > --- phdmphdm <phdm@...> wrote:> > > 1982 BMW 528i Eggenberger (E28) Group A race car> for> > sale due to> > change of plans.> >> > Car built by Eggenberger in 1982.> > It competed in the 1982 European Touring Car and> > Italian> > Championships.> > It later raced between 1986 and 1988.> > It had 3 owners from new.> >> > It is, apart from the air jacks, totally identical> > to the car of> > Kelleners and Grano who were European Touring Car> > Champions in 1982.> > Sister car won the 24 hours of Spa-Francorchamps> in> > 1982.> >> > The car has got all the works homologated parts.> > This includes:> > - rose jointed suspension,> > - Bilstein shock absorbers,> > - adjustable front and rear anti-roll bars,> > - Getrag 5-speed race gearbox with dogleg first,> > - 75% limited split differential with oil cooler,> > - BBS 16" split rims with centre lock,> > - AP Racing aluminium 4 pot callipers front and> rear> > and ventilated> > brake discs,> > - pedal box adjustable from the cockpit,> > - quick steering box,> > - 120 litres fuel tank with FIA dry break fillers.> >> > This is a proper period works racing car with> known> > history, in> > fantastic original and unmolested condition.> >> > Now fitted with a newly built steel rollcage, it> > comes with new> > homologated Recaro seat, Schroth harness and fire> > system.> >> > This is a rare opportunity to purchase a genuine> > ex-works race car> > and a piece of BMW racing history. Only a few> > complete cars were> > built by Eggenberger.> >> > The car is located in Belgium.> >> > Open to sensible offers.> >> > Photos available.> >> >> >> >> >> > > __________________________________________________> Do You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam> protection around> http://mail.yahoo.com> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been> removed]> > > __________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com