RE: [bmw e28] 1984 E28

  • M Zulfikar Karim
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      hi, I think you can first check your battery and its power cable;
      if its ok then check key-ignition cable for some loose part
      if it still doesn't workout, check the dynamo-starter and its wiring
      to battery, usually the problem occur within the solenoid and coil..

      regards,

      ________________________________

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
          hi, probably the wire were old enough to be stripped by the heat of
          starter-motor,
          I think you should check the starter-motor more comprehensively and look
          for
          any short-circuit wiring.
          alternatively, if you cannot start the engine or this thing happens
          again,
          you should prepare a cable (thick one,usually a cable that can be use
          for
          jumper-cable), place it like diagram below to start the engine

          the D-shape thing above is a port which usually be use to reset
          oil/service
          indicator. I usually do this if my motor-starter is not working.

          regards,