RE: [bmw e28] fuse keeps blowing

  • dave ruiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2006
      The radio is also on that circuit. I have found that some of my customers have funky wire connections to aftermarket radios. You might want to check it out. -Dave RuizIf you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown

      To: bmwe28@...: rabalagot@...: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:23:35 -0700Subject: [bmw e28] fuse keeps blowingHi guys, i recently have a problem with a fuse. I know it isn't grounded i've used more than 20 fuses and they all blew after a sec of trying to put it in. I have a 535is and this fuse is attached to the following components:-door locks-interior lights-trunk light-computer display (even though it's displayed on another fuse which is fine)-the tachometer-hazard lightsIt's really unbecoming. I brought the car to my mechanic because I heard a funny noise and I had cracked the bolt on a control arm so he replaced it. soo after i tried to get it back he discovered that the fuse is grounded somewhere and does not know where it may be. He's a trust worthy guy so I know he didn't do anything beside what had to be repaired, but it's weird how it's messed up. any clues? please share. Thanks ---------------------------------Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Allan Balagot
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2006
        HI ALL
        i see a lil leak at from a tiny crack on the bottom of my oil pan. is there a way to put some kind of abrasive to stop it from slowly dripping? i was thinking that jn weld stuff but, i'd like more opinions. thanks

        dave ruiz <daveruiz50@...> wrote: The radio is also on that circuit. I have found that some of my customers have funky wire connections to aftermarket radios. You might want to check it out. -Dave RuizIf you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown

        To: bmwe28@...: rabalagot@...: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:23:35 -0700Subject: [bmw e28] fuse keeps blowingHi guys, i recently have a problem with a fuse. I know it isn't grounded i've used more than 20 fuses and they all blew after a sec of trying to put it in. I have a 535is and this fuse is attached to the following components:-door locks-interior lights-trunk light-computer display (even though it's displayed on another fuse which is fine)-the tachometer-hazard lightsIt's really unbecoming. I brought the car to my mechanic because I heard a funny noise and I had cracked the bolt on a control arm so he replaced it. soo after i tried to get it back he discovered that the fuse is grounded somewhere and does not know where it may be. He's a trust worthy guy so I know he didn't do anything beside what had to be repaired, but it's weird how it's messed up. any clues? please share. Thanks ---------------------------------Yahoo!
        Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2¢/min or less.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]