RE: [bmw e28] Digest Number 1135

  • doug dykaar
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2006
      Allan

      I had a crack welded, but the pan was removed first, and that means dropping
      the front subframe. My Panzer mechanic has a cross bar that sits across the
      front strut tops and supports the motor.

      On the other hand, the oil pan bolts continuously back out aloowing the pan
      to leak, so check them first.

      Regards,

      doug

      Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:02:31 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Allan Balagot <rabalagot@...>
      Subject: SLOW OIL PAN LEAK

      HI ALL
      i see a lil leak at from a tiny crack on the bottom of my oil pan. is
      there a way to put some kind of abrasive to stop it from slowly dripping? i
      was thinking that jn weld stuff but, i'd like more opinions. thanks