Interesting Problem - Smoke coming from air conditioner vents

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
      Good Day!
      Once and awhile I get smoke coming out of the air conditioner vents.
      I have a 1985 528e. The smoke is kind of gray and comes from the vents
      and also from the area under the hood where the blower motor is. Is the
      blower moter producing this smoke? It doesn't happen always. The fuse
      for the heater recently blew and I have yet to replace it. Any answers?
    • bimmernutjob
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
        sounds like your blower motor/s are going ... for some reason blower motors just dont last in
        the 80's models bmw's

        --- In bmwe28@..., "Nicholas" <nadavis02@y...> wrote:

        > Good Day!
        > Once and awhile I get smoke coming out of the air conditioner vents.
        > I have a 1985 528e. The smoke is kind of gray and comes from the vents
        > and also from the area under the hood where the blower motor is. Is the
        > blower moter producing this smoke? It doesn't happen always. The fuse
        > for the heater recently blew and I have yet to replace it. Any answers?

      • john holst