Re: [bmw e28] Re: Interesting Problem - Smoke coming from air conditioner vents

  • Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2006
      Thanks - that's what I thought. I am going to pull it out and see what the part number is.

      Thanks,
      Nick A. Davis
      Director
      Detour Memphis - Online Magazine

      Check Out the BLOG - The World of Nick A. Davis

      A Starr On The Moon Production Video Site

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
        If its smokin, the bearings need to be re-greased. With the motor seized,
        one set of motor windings is getting current with a 100% duty cycle. They
        (apparently) weren't designed for that.

        Remove the car from the blower motor, and grease (not oil) the bearings. I
        used wheel bearing grease.

        Regards,

        doug

        85 535