Re: [bmw e28] Re: 1985 535i keeps blowing fuse number 5

  • Ron Kall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2006
      Any thoughts on fuse number 5, 8 amp, will not stay
      in the box. What would cause this to happen. My thoughts
      are that maybe the stereo wires are shorting out or something?

      thanks!

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e
      1985 535i

      -----

    • dave ruiz
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2006
        I think you are on the right track Ron. You might also want to check the interior light units as well as the trunk light. Sometimes they will deteriorate with age and heat, break apart or fall partially out of their sockets and short to ground. Good Luck -Dave RuizIf you plant poison ivy, you won't harvest strawberries. - William Stephens When I die, I want to die like my grandfather-- who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." --Author Unknown

        To: bmwe28@...: ronjkall@...: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:35:36 -0700Subject: Re: [bmw e28] Re: 1985 535i keeps blowing fuse number 5Any thoughts on fuse number 5, 8 amp, will not stayin the box. What would cause this to happen. My thoughtsare that maybe the stereo wires are shorting out or something?thanks!Ron KallRancho Cucamonga, CA 917301986 528e1985 535i-----[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Allan Balagot
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2006
          Hi ron,
          I'm currently having the same problem. my mechanic is narrowing fuse 5 down. i'll let you know the results as soon as he finds it

          Ron Kall <ronjkall@...> wrote: Any thoughts on fuse number 5, 8 amp, will not stay