FUEL OR ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

  • carlosmciver
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2006
      OUT OF THE BLUE, MY 1984 533I WOULD NOT START ONE COLD MORNING. NOW IT
      WILL START BUT WILL NOT RUN FOR LONG. IDLE ROUGH AND WEAK AND IF I TRY
      TO ACCELERATE IT JUST DIES OUT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM??
    • Steve Haygood
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2006
        maybe an air flow meter
        Steve

        Steve Haygood
        BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
        03/04/05 Official 5er Fest Sponsor
        03/04/05 Official Sharkfest Sponsor
        www.stevehaygood.com

        _____

        OUT OF THE BLUE, MY 1984 533I WOULD NOT START ONE COLD MORNING. NOW IT
        WILL START BUT WILL NOT RUN FOR LONG. IDLE ROUGH AND WEAK AND IF I TRY
        TO ACCELERATE IT JUST DIES OUT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM??

      • pld1952
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 25, 2006
          --- In bmwe28@..., "carlosmciver" <carlosmciver@...>
          wrote:

          > OUT OF THE BLUE, MY 1984 533I WOULD NOT START ONE COLD MORNING. NOW
          IT
          > WILL START BUT WILL NOT RUN FOR LONG. IDLE ROUGH AND WEAK AND IF I
          TRY
          > TO ACCELERATE IT JUST DIES OUT. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS
          PROBLEM??

          I would start with checking the fuel pressure and fuel pump operation.