I've got to sell my M535i

  • jonnywarlow
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
      hi all

      due to me getting a company car im now in a position to sell my e28
      M535 as ive got no space on the drive.

      its in great condition,90k miles, just a couple of jobs need doing,
      lower wishbones and horn. im looking for £2100 ro reasonable offers.
      ive priced up the wishbones at £56, ive just not got the time to fit them.

      if u want to call me please do 07894 873478 (evenings please).

      cheers.

      jon
    • sunny vadher
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 8, 2007
        Dear All,

        I would like to request an idea of what My e28 518i would be worth. Its a 1985 modle with leater interior. I have had 17 in alloys put on and lowered the car by 30cm (does not look silly. The car is in a sound condition apart from the fading red (which comes up nice when t-cut). There is also a dent on the front and rear NS wing (but not to bad). I recently had a replacement engin put in with all the seals and gaskets changed. The car itself has done about 90k miles.

        I dont want to sell the car as its been in the family since new. Due to my job which requires a lot of stop start london driving its not practical anymore.

        With the car you also get the old engin and gearbox (still in working order)

        Please let me know what I might be able to get?

        Thanks Sunny

      • sunny vadher

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 13, 2007
            Dear Sunny,

            As far as a price, you could try to do a Google search for Blue Book price guides, I can
            think of 2 (in US) but not sure if they transfer to pounds ?

            --- In bmwe28@..., sunny vadher <sunny_vadher@...> wrote:

            > Dear All,
            >
            > I would like to request an idea of what My e28 518i would be worth. Its a 1985 modle
            with leater interior. I have had 17 in alloys put on and lowered the car by 30cm (does not
            look silly. The car is in a sound condition apart from the fading red (which comes up nice
            when t-cut). There is also a dent on the front and rear NS wing (but not to bad). I recently
            had a replacement engin put in with all the seals and gaskets changed. The car itself has
            done about 90k miles.

            > I dont want to sell the car as its been in the family since new. Due to my job which
            requires a lot of stop start london driving its not practical anymore.

            > With the car you also get the old engin and gearbox (still in working order)
            >
            > Please let me know what I might be able to get?
            >
            > Thanks Sunny

          • bimmernutjob
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2007
              Sunny,

              I did a Kelly Blue Book price check (yahoo) it would only go back to 1986. A 1986 535i in
              excellent condition with similiar milage shows $1700.00(approx private party) and around
              $ 2850.00 (retail). I dont understand the big difference in retail price, and when I checked
              for average condition it went down to $1300.00, yet retail price stayed at $2800.00. I'm
              not sure if these amounts will transfer to pounds accuratley, but the lesson is, for an old
              classic which may or may not be a rare collector car....some the value is based on what it
              is worth to the owner, seller, or new buyer. Good luck-nutty

              --- In bmwe28@..., sunny vadher <sunny_vadher@...> wrote:

              > Dear All,
              >
              > I would like to request an idea of what My e28 518i would be worth. Its a 1985 modle
              with leater interior. I have had 17 in alloys put on and lowered the car by 30cm (does not
              look silly. The car is in a sound condition apart from the fading red (which comes up nice
              when t-cut). There is also a dent on the front and rear NS wing (but not to bad). I recently
              had a replacement engin put in with all the seals and gaskets changed. The car itself has
              done about 90k miles.

              > I dont want to sell the car as its been in the family since new. Due to my job which
              requires a lot of stop start london driving its not practical anymore.

              > With the car you also get the old engin and gearbox (still in working order)
              >
              > Please let me know what I might be able to get?
              >
              > Thanks Sunny

            • ramlee rosdi
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 14, 2007
                hi everyone
                im from malaysia
                i've got 520i e28 in 1988
                i got problem to my viper arm its crack
                and then evrything in meter its no good
                any body else know about that ?
                and then where i can get the viper arm ?
                im try to ask to half cut shop they said this part too old model.they try to find it.
                if you all have the viper arm or boot spoiler (rubber) for e28 or e30 please help me .

                thank a lot guy

                bimmernutjob <bimmernutjob@...> wrote:
                Sunny,

                I did a Kelly Blue Book price check (yahoo) it would only go back to 1986. A 1986 535i in
                excellent condition with similiar milage shows $1700.00(approx private party) and around
                $ 2850.00 (retail). I dont understand the big difference in retail price, and when I checked
                for average condition it went down to $1300.00, yet retail price stayed at $2800.00. I'm
                not sure if these amounts will transfer to pounds accuratley, but the lesson is, for an old
                classic which may or may not be a rare collector car....some the value is based on what it
                is worth to the owner, seller, or new buyer. Good luck-nutty

                --- In bmwe28@..., sunny vadher <sunny_vadher@...> wrote:

                > Dear All,
                >
                > I would like to request an idea of what My e28 518i would be worth. Its a 1985 modle
                with leater interior. I have had 17 in alloys put on and lowered the car by 30cm (does not
                look silly. The car is in a sound condition apart from the fading red (which comes up nice
                when t-cut). There is also a dent on the front and rear NS wing (but not to bad). I recently
                had a replacement engin put in with all the seals and gaskets changed. The car itself has
                done about 90k miles.

                > I dont want to sell the car as its been in the family since new. Due to my job which
                requires a lot of stop start london driving its not practical anymore.

                > With the car you also get the old engin and gearbox (still in working order)
                >
                > Please let me know what I might be able to get?
                >
                > Thanks Sunny

              • Geisler Mark
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 14, 2007
                  I've got one for sale also. I'd like to get 2200.00
                  USD for it. Located in Dallas. It's a 1984 533.