Idle Going Up and Down, Jerking While Driving...

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
      New problem - a couple of weeks ago I had the Idle Control Value
      replaced on my 1985 BMW 528e. Also had the temperature control sensor
      replaced a week before. This morning the idle was going up and down
      some as I was at a stop sign. Then about half way to work the idle was
      going up and down while driving - the car was jerking like it wanted to
      cut off. The car never died but was acting like it wanted to.

      What else should I check and replace? I don't think it is the ICV
      again. A full tune up (cap, rotor, spark plugs) was done in December
      but the wires were not replaced.

      Any input?
    • david
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
        NIck,

        Check the integrity of the air intake boot (make sure there are no cracks)

        Dave

      • Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
          Good Day!
          Thank you for replying - I will check that and the hoses leading off the ICV. Will probably replace all of that stuff.

          Thanks

          david <dejavaman@...> wrote:
          NIck,

          Check the integrity of the air intake boot (make sure there are no cracks)

          Dave

          Thanks,
          Nick A. Davis
          Director
          Detour Memphis - Online Magazine

          Check Out the BLOG - The World of Nick A. Davis

          A Starr On The Moon Production Video Site

        • oneshot179@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2007
            JERKING WHILE DRIVING???

          • Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007
                I belive the previous post was reffering to what is known as "wanking while
                driving", an activity known to cause accidents...

                Regards,

                doug
              • Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis