Skip to search.

A question about eletronics in my 85 e28

  • Tery Wood Sr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2007
      I have an e28 528e the will crank, but won't start. I am getting no
      power to the fuel pump or the distribitor. I was wondering if there was
      an inertia switch or main relay that would cause this. Any Ideas would
      be helpfull. Getting really close to getting everything fixed and now
      this. It ran fine, my wife put gas in it and when I tried to start it
      five minuts later nothing.
    • Steve Haygood
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2007
        main relay, flywheel tab, flywheel trigger, ecu

        Steve Haygood
        BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
        03/04/05 Official 5er Fest Sponsor
        03/04/05 Official Sharkfest Sponsor
        www.stevehaygood.com

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2007
          the relay for main fuel pump (has a different configuration with regard to the prongs),
          have you checked that relay and fuses ?
          you could also check under inspection plate (in boot/trunk) for corrosion at prre-pump
          connections, although I suspect it to be something else

          bmw nutty-good luck

          --- In bmwe28@..., "Tery Wood Sr." <thandyman463@...> wrote:

          > I have an e28 528e the will crank, but won't start. I am getting no
          > power to the fuel pump or the distribitor. I was wondering if there was
          > an inertia switch or main relay that would cause this. Any Ideas would
          > be helpfull. Getting really close to getting everything fixed and now
          > this. It ran fine, my wife put gas in it and when I tried to start it
          > five minuts later nothing.

        • jforbey
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 17, 2007
            --- In bmwe28@..., "bimmernutjob" <bimmernutjob@...>
            wrote:

            > the relay for main fuel pump (has a different configuration with
            regard to the prongs),
            > have you checked that relay and fuses ?
            > you could also check under inspection plate (in boot/trunk) for
            corrosion at prre-pump
            > connections, although I suspect it to be something else
            >
            > bmw nutty-good luck

            Sounds like the rpm and crank position sensor leads to me. I had to
            replace them both before I could get mine to run or start
            consistently. I guess over time they built up corrosion and
            resistance.