Service History

  • straightforthesun
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2007
      I was sold a BMW M535i - the guy has been a complete **** and didn't
      forward me any history, receipts, etc. and is now uncontactable. The
      mileage is stuck at 88k and I'd love to try and get some history for
      it. Is there anything the UK dealers/network can do? Cheers, Paolo.
      TIB 8966
    • pld1952
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 9, 2007
        I don't know what privacy laws are like in the UK but here it didn't
        use to be a problem to get service history if the car was serviced at a
        dealer - today they are not as easy to get - seems to be these new
        privacy laws in the states. I would take the VIN to a dealer and let
        them see what they find. Also check for any names on oil change or
        service stickers for a shop you might be able to call and see what they
        might know.

        Phil

        --- In bmwe28@..., "straightforthesun"