Re: [bmw e28] antilock brake warning amber lite

  • Ron Kall
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2007
      I think that the ABS light has something to do with the Alternator.
      It comes on when you have a power problem. Mine came on in the
      528e when the alternator failed, and in the 535i when I had a new
      Sears Diehard put in and the guy failed to hook back a wire to the
      charging system. I jope this helps.

      Ron Kall
      Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

      1986 528e
      1985 535i

      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2007
        Good Day!
        My transmission is leaking from the pan - around where the pan is bolted in. I am having the trans flushed and new gasket/filter Saturday. What else needs to be done?

        Thanks,
        Nick

      • g.mohlahledi
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2007
          Check to see if your pipes are pressure pressed because when you
          tighten them using only hand force, it will still leak because the
          pressure of the transmission fluid is too big.
        • Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2007
            Thanks - I took it to a shop but I will mention this also!!

            Thanks!!

            "g.mohlahledi" <g.mohlahledi@...> wrote:
            Check to see if your pipes are pressure pressed because when you
            tighten them using only hand force, it will still leak because the
            pressure of the transmission fluid is too big.

          • gabesx
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2007
              --- In bmwe28@..., "Nick A. Davis - Detour Memphis"
              <nadavis02@...> wrote:

              > Good Day!
              > My transmission is leaking from the pan - around where the pan
              is bolted in. I am having the trans flushed and new gasket/filter
              Saturday. What else needs to be done?

              > Thanks,
              > Nick

              >i wouldnt flush the trany in a few days your trany will be blown trust
              me always happens but u can change the oil. that high pressure flush is
              no good