fuel delivery system 87 535I

  • brett peavey
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      help
      i have an 87 535I and the engine is not getting gas....i replaced the fuel
      pump (new) and the sending unit (used) and i still get no gas to the
      engine. i checked for power with a test light and neither side of the fuel
      pump lit up. i love this car and dont wanna take an axe to it but this is
      getting redicious. if you would like a look visit the car here.
      myspace.com/pv9 <http://www.myspace.com/pv9>

      i have also tried to run the pump with a jumper bx the relays but no fuel
      came. i think it is electrical but where does it start.
      please please help.

    • doug dykaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2007
        Check the diagram at realoem.com. My 85 had a pre-pump inside the tank. When
        I replaced the gas tank with a used one, the in-tank pump had a broken
        electrical lead.

        Regards,

        doug
        Waterloo, Ontario Canada, eh