Re: [bmw e28] Re: Unleaded Fuel Compatibility

  • Nico Visser
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
      Hi Janice, thanks for the reply! Just want to know what lubricant it is I should look out for to use?
      Regards,
      Nico

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
        Hi there, unleaded has only been on the market officially for about three years now, my beemer does not have a cat converter and the access point to the fuel tank can accommodate the big fuel nozzle.
        Don't know how to find out or where to find out as to whether the enjin has been built to accommodate unleaded fuels?

        Regards,
        Nico

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
          The lead was there for lubrication,the difference is hardened valve seats.
          Yours has them, I went through the same thing with a 79 635 euro spec here
          in the US. Never a problem. If there had been a problem, there would have
          been a wide array of failures here in the US when all the euro cars came
          over and began to run unleaded
          Steve

          Steve Haygood
          BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
          Official 5er Fest Sponsor since '03
          Official Sharkfest Sponsor since '03
          www.stevehaygood.com <http://www.stevehaygood.com/>
          www.patchworkparrot.com

          _____

          does south africa use leaded gas ? I'm in the states, all cars have been
          using unleaded
          gas since 1976, I think..? It's my guess that an 86 vehicle would have been
          designed to
          run on unleaded fuel (?)

          1. Does it have a catalytic converter ?

          2. also cars using unleaded have a smaller fuel inlet, which doesn't allow
          the larger
          leaded style nozzle to insert

          any of this sound familiar ??

          regards nutty

          --- In bmwe28@yahoogroups. co.uk, "nicovisser1" <nicovisser1@ ...> wrote:

          > I have a 1986 520i and can not find any useful information as to the
          > cars compatibility to unleaded fuel.I stay in South Africa.Can anybody
          > help?

        • Nico Visser
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 13, 2007
            Thanks!

            does south africa use leaded gas ? I'm in the states, all cars have been
            using unleaded
            gas since 1976, I think..? It's my guess that an 86 vehicle would have been
            designed to
            run on unleaded fuel (?)

            1. Does it have a catalytic converter ?

            2. also cars using unleaded have a smaller fuel inlet, which doesn't allow
            the larger
            leaded style nozzle to insert

            any of this sound familiar ??

            regards nutty

            --- In bmwe28@yahoogroups. co.uk, "nicovisser1" <nicovisser1@ ...> wrote:

            > I have a 1986 520i and can not find any useful information as to the
            > cars compatibility to unleaded fuel.I stay in South Africa.Can anybody
            > help?

            Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up
            for
            your free account today http://uk.rd.
            <http://uk.rd. yahoo.com/ evt=44106/ *http://uk. docs.yahoo. com/mail/ winter07. ht
            ml> yahoo.com/evt= 44106/*http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ mail/winter07. html