Stock spring rate of an '88 M5?

  • Pete
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2007
      Hello all, I have an '88 M5 that is being restored and I was wondering
      if anyone here knew what the stock spring rate was? The previous owner
      used it as a track car and the ride is just too stiff right now. I'd
      like to soften it up a little for street use.

      Thanks!
      Pete
    • markie_markd
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 14, 2007
        you can find the spring rate info on www.m535i.org
        its around 166 in front, the tires and shocks are the main reason why
        a car is too harsh however.