528e overheating

  • elswwjd316
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 2007
      I have a 528e which still overheats after doing the following:

      Replaced head gasket and checked flatness of head and block.
      Flushing radiator and block.
      Removing thermostat, testing, then replacing with new.
      Bypassing fan thermostatic switches to force fan to run at high speed
      full time.
      New water pump.
      Bled all air out of cooling system.
      No leaks.

      Any suggestions?

      Many thanks to the group.
    • markie_markd
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2007
        sometimes you need to jack up the drivers side part of the car and
        bleed it since air can be trapped in that point of the system, what
        about the clutch fan?

        --- In bmwe28@..., "elswwjd316" <estodghill@...> wrote:

        > I have a 528e which still overheats after doing the following:
        >
        > Replaced head gasket and checked flatness of head and block.
        > Flushing radiator and block.
        > Removing thermostat, testing, then replacing with new.
        > Bypassing fan thermostatic switches to force fan to run at high speed
        > full time.
        > New water pump.
        > Bled all air out of cooling system.
        > No leaks.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > Many thanks to the group.

      • john holst

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 15, 2007
            I have also replaced the fan clutch, which was bad.

            Ed
            <><