1986 bmw 528(e); jump starting battery messed up-board computer

  • sachida_raman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2007
      The Hr-Date display is fine but everything else has "pppp" and the
      Owner's Handbook says contact "dealer." Is there an easy fix to this in
      resetting the displays. Ironically, the check control service indiactor
      seems to be working fine.

      P.S. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

      Lesson learnt: I now know that the computer related fuses need to be
      removed prior to any jump starting.Also, I saw that the heat and
      headlights should be turned on as well?