sticking up for metrics

  • oneshot179@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
      can i just take time to mention although replacing metric tyres is a pain -
      there offer far superior handerling to imperial eqvilents

    • john holst
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2007
        Both metric and imperial tires handle well . I believe "metric" measure was born in germany so it seem like a good idea to place metric tires on german cars. There is no reason to pay for over priced tires, when either will do the job.
        John from Oz.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2007
          metric was not just a german thing - it was also fitted to jaguar and ferrari

          developed by michlean

          metric tyres are superior to imperial in performance handerling and ride

          there so expensive as in tyre technology over the years metric has become
          obsolite

        • pld1952
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 12, 2007
            There were also a couple years of Mustang GT's that had a metric
            Michelin tire.

            Phil

            --- In bmwe28@..., oneshot179@... wrote:

            > metric was not just a german thing - it was also fitted to jaguar
            and ferrari

            > developed by michlean
            >
            > metric tyres are superior to imperial in performance handerling
            and ride

            > there so expensive as in tyre technology over the years metric has
            become
            > obsolite

          • R & T Bull
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
              " metric tyres are superior to imperial in performance handerling and ride"

              What a load of $#!T

              Whether the tyre is measured in Metric or imperial measurements has no
              bearing on it's performance as a tyre.