fuel return hose - repair on E28

  • sachida_raman
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
      1986 528(e) has faint cracks in fuel return hose that is next to cold
      start valve. I would like to change it but am not sure whether the
      entire hose is one piece. It seems to be connected in a T fashion but
      I do not any bracket. Also, size of the hose -diameter is not clear?
      Any pointers?

      Thanks
    • Markie markd

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
          > Thanks. Great site but it does not look like what I have. FOr
          example there is a damper and a connector which I do not see on mine.
          Has anyone done the replacement of this fuel return hose near the cold
          start valve?

          thanks

        • Gerald Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2007
            I replaced my 86 535i cold start valve and gas hose.
            The hose is about 6 " long. Its tricky to get to.
            Remove the 2 bolts on valve if you can't loosen and
            remove hose to fuel rail, www.bavauto.com has the
            hose.
            Good luck,
            Jerry
            --- sachida_raman <sraman@...> wrote:

            > 1986 528(e) has faint cracks in fuel return hose
            > that is next to cold
            > start valve. I would like to change it but am not
            > sure whether the
            > entire hose is one piece. It seems to be connected
            > in a T fashion but
            > I do not any bracket. Also, size of the hose
            > -diameter is not clear?
            > Any pointers?
            >
            > Thanks

            that gives answers, not web links.