E28 trunk strut (boot strut) conversion?

  • straightforthesun
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2007
      The torsion bars for the trunk/boot of my new E28 are missing. I'm
      thinking gas struts could be fitted? Anyone ever seen this done
      successfully? Thanks in advance.

      Paolo
      525E 1988
    • oneshot179@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2007
        if you need rear boot struts let me know can do international shipping UK

      • pld1952
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
          The torsion springs are still available new at about $10 ea. I doubt
          you can do what your talking about for anything near that.

          Phil

          --- In bmwe28@..., "straightforthesun"