Trunk Spoilers with Built in Screws?

  • Bennie
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
      Anyone familar with this type of rear spoiler that has metal screws
      built into it for mounting the trunk. Anyway, The question is how
      Powerful of Drill does one need to drill holes in the body of the
      trunk??? I have a battery operated Black & Decker 7.2 volt could that
      do the job?

      Ben
    • peter
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
        --- In bmwe28@..., "Bennie" <princeben7@...> wrote:

        > Anyone familar with this type of rear spoiler that has metal screws
        > built into it for mounting the trunk. Anyway, The question is how
        > Powerful of Drill does one need to drill holes in the body of the
        > trunk??? I have a battery operated Black & Decker 7.2 volt could
        that
        > do the job?
        >
        > Ben

        JUST FITTED ONE TO MY E28 DRILL SHOULD BE FINE MAKE SURE IT IS FULLY
        CHARGED AND DRILL BIT IS SHARP PUT MASKING TAPE ON TRUNK LID FIRST TO
        STOP DRILL FROM DAMAGING PAINT WORK AND SLIPPING
      • oneshot179@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
          I fitted m535i rear spoiler to my e28 originally without boot spoiler -
          drilled holes went through easy thin skin

        • BENNIE LANE JR
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
            Thanks for the info.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007