How to remove the Headrest of my E28???

  • zalexgerillo
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 18, 2007
      I recently bought an E28 and i could not figure out how the headrest by
      remove as i wanted to have the present cloth cover for laundry... is
      there any locking clip in it? Somebody pls help me. Thanks!
    • doug dykaar
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
        Try looking at either on-line tips
        (http://www.mye28.com/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=86dd39788c1f9fedd06634798d2893b9
        ), or realOEM parts diagrams
        (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=DC74&mospid=47231&prod=19850300
        )

        Regards,

        doug
        Waterloo, Ontario Canada, eh

        86 951
        (http://www.pcaucr.org/forum/post.jsp?postid=2393)
        94 855 turbo
        00 540
        85 535 (sold-sigh)

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        Release Date: 10/19/2007
        5:10 AM
      • john holst
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2007
          Well on my e28 all you need to do is press a button on the side of back rest level with your shoulder,that allows you to adjust the head rest it should release it as well. .( the button is flush with the seat fabric on the left side) The rear headrests just pull straight up to remove no buttons. John from Oz

          I recently bought an E28 and i could not figure out how the headrest by
          remove as i wanted to have the present cloth cover for laundry... is
          there any locking clip in it? Somebody pls help me. Thanks!

        • bimmernutjob
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 21, 2007
            It's so simple, one of the great details of many BMW's.

            A. Tilt entire seat back to adjust for added height, when removing HEADREST's
            B. push button on side(shoulder0 of seat to adjust or remove - that's it !

            nutty

            --- In bmwe28@..., john holst <grafton_56@...> wrote:

            > Well on my e28 all you need to do is press a button on the side of back rest level with
            your shoulder,that allows you to adjust the head rest it should release it as well. .( the
            button is flush with the seat fabric on the left side) The rear headrests just pull straight
            up to remove no buttons. John from Oz

          • bimmernutjob
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 21, 2007
              OOPs, not clear on first draft .....

              A. Tilt the VERTICAL SECTION (back rest) of seat back to compensate for the extraw
              length, when removing HEADREST

              GOOD LUCK - nutty