Central Warning Light Flashing while Driving & Brake Lights

  • Bennie
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2007
      Central Warning Light Flashing while Driving and Brake lights warning
      light, lights up in the Top Check-Control near the rear view mirror.
      Any possible causes for this, especially when the brake lights are
      working fine???
    • R & T Bull
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2007
        Mine does the same thing but with the number plate warning. Both the
        globes are OK and work. The system measures the current across the
        globes and when they get a bit old the resistance through them
        increases, which sometimes is enough to set off the warning. Try
        cleaning the contacts and changing the globes, making sure they are the
        correct rating and give that a go.
      • doug dykaar
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 26, 2007
          The brake light warning light senses current. If the
          bulb contacts are
          dirty, the warning may be triggered. As I no longer
          have the car,
          I'massuming that the question is about bulbs, and not
          the pad sensors.

          Regards,

          doug

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.