Chrome window trims

  • bmxbandit78
    Message 1 of 3 , 6 Nov 09:38
      Hi, i'm trying to smarten up my '85 528 and want to replace the front
      and rear window trims. The plast-chrome strips always fade or yellow,
      and do they shrink? (I've had 2 different e28s and the window trims
      always seem too short!) I got a price from Sytner's in Nottingham. When
      I came to, I thought I would seek your collective wisdom, and maybe
      save a few quid. Any idea where I can go for some shiny new trim? Much
      appreciated.
    • Steve Haygood
      Message 2 of 3 , 6 Nov 09:45
        21-22.00 each front and here, buy 2 fronts and cut one in 3 pieces to fit
        the rear
        Steve

        Steve Haygood
        BMW CCA 6 Series Register Director
        Official 5er Fest Sponsor since '03
        Official Sharkfest Sponsor since '03
        www.stevehaygood.com <http://www.stevehaygood.com/>
        www.patchworkparrot.com

        _____

      • oneshot179@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , 6 Nov 09:47
          Hey

          I had this problem - but i deicded to do an easy repair and just spray the
          window chrome trim matt black instead and the side window chrome, it looks a
          lot better i think.