Does anyone have a e28 528e engine management for sale?

  • e28vidar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2008
      Hi y'all!

      Since I don't live in the us these engine management units are very
      hard to come by, so my only chance is to ask the members of this fine
      group... The 528e was a North America issue only, and I'm not sure if
      the 525e unit will fit, although it's the same engine. Even if it
      fits, the 525e's were sold in very few numbers in Europe, so I think
      it will be easiest for me to buy one from the US.

      The car in question is a 86(january) 528e auto. So if anyone has a
      working unit in good condition, please reply to this post! Please tell
      me the part number so I can cross-check with the number in ETK.

      Best Regards

      e28Vidar
    • markie_markd
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2008
        I have several ECUs, i live in California in the USA. The 528e used a
        couple ECUs, the numbers escape me but they were superceded by the
        green sticker 027, the 1988 model march-december of 87 production date
        used motronic 1.1 and the ECU ended in 154 with an orange sticker.
        I have a ton of each, and literally about 120 ECUs of various kinds.
        Let me know if you are interested, i usually ask 45+9 shipping but
        shipping would be a little extra for overseas, there is a flat rate 40
        dollar box that i use but thats probably more expensive than just
        shipping since is weighs next to nothing.

        Matt (markiemarkd@...)

        --- In bmwe28@..., "e28vidar" <vidar@...> wrote:

        > Hi y'all!
        >
        > Since I don't live in the us these engine management units are very
        > hard to come by, so my only chance is to ask the members of this fine
        > group... The 528e was a North America issue only, and I'm not sure if
        > the 525e unit will fit, although it's the same engine. Even if it
        > fits, the 525e's were sold in very few numbers in Europe, so I think
        > it will be easiest for me to buy one from the US.
        >
        > The car in question is a 86(january) 528e auto. So if anyone has a
        > working unit in good condition, please reply to this post! Please tell
        > me the part number so I can cross-check with the number in ETK.
        >
        > Best Regards
        >
        > e28Vidar

      • e28vidar
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 27, 2008
          Hi again!

          The parts number of the unit I'm looking for is 12141466078. The vin
          number for the car is 9701137. Is it complete with wiringloom too? 40$
          sounds OK for overseas shipment.

          Vidar

          --- In bmwe28@..., "markie_markd" <markie_markd@...> wrote:

          > I have several ECUs, i live in California in the USA. The 528e used a
          > couple ECUs, the numbers escape me but they were superceded by the
          > green sticker 027, the 1988 model march-december of 87 production date
          > used motronic 1.1 and the ECU ended in 154 with an orange sticker.
          > I have a ton of each, and literally about 120 ECUs of various kinds.
          > Let me know if you are interested, i usually ask 45+9 shipping but
          > shipping would be a little extra for overseas, there is a flat rate 40
          > dollar box that i use but thats probably more expensive than just
          > shipping since is weighs next to nothing.
          >
          > Matt (markiemarkd@...)
          >

          > --- In bmwe28@..., "e28vidar" <vidar@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi y'all!
          > >
          > > Since I don't live in the us these engine management units are very
          > > hard to come by, so my only chance is to ask the members of this fine
          > > group... The 528e was a North America issue only, and I'm not sure if
          > > the 525e unit will fit, although it's the same engine. Even if it
          > > fits, the 525e's were sold in very few numbers in Europe, so I think
          > > it will be easiest for me to buy one from the US.
          > >
          > > The car in question is a 86(january) 528e auto. So if anyone has a
          > > working unit in good condition, please reply to this post! Please tell
          > > me the part number so I can cross-check with the number in ETK.
          > >
          > > Best Regards
          > >
          > > e28Vidar

        • Gerald Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 27, 2008
            If all else fails, you can go to this website for
            reconditioned ECUs : www.programainc.com
            Regards,
            Jerry

            Be a better friend, newshound, and