Fwd: Re: [bmw e28] Digest Number 1377

  • Larry R.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2008
      oops, hit reply by mistake

      "Larry R." <dallas_larry@...> wrote: Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 23:15:56 -0700 (PDT)
      From: "Larry R." <dallas_larry@...>
      Subject: Re: [bmw e28] Digest Number 1377
      To: No Reply <notify-dg-bmwe28@...>

      http://www.programainc.com/doc/BMW.html Contains a list of the cars that ur control unit fits.

      That site will also fix your original unit.

      Most US places that get repaired SI boards actually get them from this place and I have never heard anything bad about them.

      From the sounds of this reply, u may have found a great deal as I doubt they can repair your unit as cheap as a used one.

      BUT, that place also buys used or bad cores. best not to throw it away since it could be fixed and who knows if you or someone else needs one in your home country.

      Good luck and hope you get it running soon!

      Larry
      Dallas, TX 1988 535is trying to get my transmission replaced finally this summer!

      bmwe28@... wrote: There are 2 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1.1. Re: Does anyone have a e28 528e engine management for sale?
      From: e28vidar
      1.2. Re: Does anyone have a e28 528e engine management for sale?
      From: Gerald Paul

      Messages
      1.1. Re: Does anyone have a e28 528e engine management for sale?
      Posted by: "e28vidar" vidar@... e28vidar
      Date: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:19 pm

      Hi again!

      The parts number of the unit I'm looking for is 12141466078. The vin
      number for the car is 9701137. Is it complete with wiringloom too? 40$
      sounds OK for overseas shipment.

      Vidar

      --- In bmwe28@..., "markie_markd" wrote:

      > I have several ECUs, i live in California in the USA. The 528e used a
      > couple ECUs, the numbers escape me but they were superceded by the
      > green sticker 027, the 1988 model march-december of 87 production date
      > used motronic 1.1 and the ECU ended in 154 with an orange sticker.
      > I have a ton of each, and literally about 120 ECUs of various kinds.
      > Let me know if you are interested, i usually ask 45+9 shipping but
      > shipping would be a little extra for overseas, there is a flat rate 40
      > dollar box that i use but thats probably more expensive than just
      > shipping since is weighs next to nothing.
      >
      > Matt (markiemarkd@...)
      >

      > --- In bmwe28@..., "e28vidar" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi y'all!
      > >
      > > Since I don't live in the us these engine management units are very
      > > hard to come by, so my only chance is to ask the members of this fine
      > > group... The 528e was a North America issue only, and I'm not sure if
      > > the 525e unit will fit, although it's the same engine. Even if it
      > > fits, the 525e's were sold in very few numbers in Europe, so I think
      > > it will be easiest for me to buy one from the US.
      > >
      > > The car in question is a 86(january) 528e auto. So if anyone has a
      > > working unit in good condition, please reply to this post! Please tell
      > > me the part number so I can cross-check with the number in ETK.
      > >
      > > Best Regards
      > >
      > > e28Vidar

      Messages in this topic (4)
      1.2. Re: Does anyone have a e28 528e engine management for sale?
      Posted by: "Gerald Paul" gepaul111@... gepaul111
      Date: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:34 am

      If all else fails, you can go to this website for
      reconditioned ECUs : www.programainc.com
      Regards,
      Jerry

      Be a better friend, newshound, and