My electrical system on my custom painted gold 1986 BMW 535i .

  • RodneyRHenry
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2008
      I just had installed a new ECU, and now my while the car is sitting,
      my battery drains down, and my automatic locks malfunction when I put
      the key in to open the car up. They open and close and my dome
      lights do this also, if I put them in use. It seems obviously like a
      short somewhere, but where will I start to rectify this situation, and
      how costly do you think it will be the revamp the electrical system?
    • R & T Bull
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2008
        Hi, it could just be your battery is low on charge or on it's way out.
        The same thing happened to mine. The door locks wouldn't lock properly
        and my electric aerial would go up on accessories, then start going
        down on start. This happened for months until I got a new battery. Now
        everything works as it should, even the lights are brighter!