auto box

  • beamer2uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2009
      help!!!! the auto gear change seems to be slipping on my M535i 1986 :-((...the atf fluid is ok and not burnt or anything!!!
      grasping at straws
      richard
    • John F. Forbey
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2009
        The tranny has seals and hydraulic switches in it that will, like, get an obstruction or piece of fuzz, etc. that can possibly make the switch fix and not operate.  Dunno but it might be time for you or someone else to get the tranny out and rebuild it.  Not trying to be negative- the experience you get driving it after its fixed will be its own reward!

        John F. Forbey