spark plug wires killed my car?

  • brett peavey
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
      hey, i changed out the spark plugs to bosch +2 gaplass plugs, I also changed my spark plug wiresand the coil wire....now the car will not start, it will turn over but wont engage.  please help.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
        If you have the correct plugs then my bet is you've got the wires on the wrong way round. Make sure you've got them going to the correct plug, check the book. This is an easy error to make when you change plug wires.

        - D

      • brettpv9@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2009
          Ya, I backed them all off and they are correct. I was able to get it running for a few minutes without the air mass meter, which I thought was strange. My idle was higher than normal but I never was able to get it to start before without having the air meter plugged in. And as soon as I plug the meter in, the car dies. Instantly. Any thoughts?
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          If you have the correct plugs then my bet is you've got the wires on the wrong way round. Make sure you've got them going to the correct plug, check the book. This is an easy error to make when you change plug wires.

          - D

          hey, i changed out the spark plugs to bosch +2 gaplass plugs, I also changed my spark plug wiresand the coil wire....now the car will not start, it will turn over but wont engage.� please help.

          Help can some one tell what the order is top to bottom from the distributor cap. I lent out my bentley catalog and just bought new plugs and wires but i got confused when i was popping them off.���I have an 87 535i, poor thing cant start now.

        • Gerald Paul
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2009
            doesn't the distributor cap have numbers on them for you to use as a guide in routing plug wires to?

            If you have the correct plugs then my bet is you've got the wires on the wrong way round. Make sure you've got them going to the correct plug, check the book. This is an easy error to make when you change plug wires.

            - D

            hey, i changed out the spark plugs to bosch +2 gaplass plugs, I also changed my spark plug wiresand the coil wire....now the car will not start, it will turn over but wont engage.  please help.

            Help can some one tell what the order is top to bottom from the distributor cap. I lent out my bentley catalog and just bought new plugs and wires but i got confused when i was popping them off.   I have an 87 535i, poor thing cant start now.

          • John F. Forbey
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2009
              usually on the dist. cap there is a number next to the socket for the wire.  did you maybe knock any other wires loose? I dunno like may be the RPM or engine position sensor plugs?

              John