hood air vents

  • tonyshull262
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 12, 2010
      anyone know how to remove the air vents on the hood easily? I know they clip on, but i'm afraid I'll bust them. Mine have discolored and i'd like to paint them again
    • Mark Gascoigne
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 12, 2010
        mate just lift them out carefully with a screwdriver they are unlikely to break ,unless they are badly sun baked ,in that case change them ,they are a dealer part and not expensive , good luck

        ________________________________
        anyone know how to remove the air vents on the hood easily? I know they clip on, but i'm afraid I'll bust them. Mine have discolored and i'd like to paint them again

      • Tony Shull
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 19, 2010
          thanks! went toa "pick-your-part" junkyard and found a set that were in good shape (and some interior goodies)

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 19, 2010
            cool, i went down to my local bmw dealer and asked them to order me 2 ,(£8 each ) , he said "lets go look in the back " wee found 4 n.o.s , and he gave me them free !! along with a big box of other unwanted e28 stuff ,i gave him £20 for the coffee/biscuit jar ,result or what

            ________________________________
            thanks! went toa "pick-your-part" junkyard and found a set that were in good shape (and some interior goodies)

            mate just lift them out carefully with a screwdriver they are unlikely to break ,unless they are badly sun baked ,in that case change them ,they are a dealer part and not expensive , good luck

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            anyone know how to remove the air vents on the hood easily? I know they clip on, but i'm afraid I'll bust them. Mine have discolored and i'd like to paint them again

          • anthony shull
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 20, 2010
              found a couple of goodies from a wrecked M5 (no Alpinas dammit) as well, my front valance under the driving lights has a bend in it (they all do from people who can't park...) but was too difficult to remove.  mines in decent shape tho they gave it a respray to try and make it more attractive I guess and its starting to peel a bit from  behind the rear pillar vents, wiushed they'd just left it the dull bronze it was but oh well, looks good enough for now

              ________________________________
              cool, i went down to my local bmw dealer and asked them to order me 2 ,(£8 each ) , he said "lets go look in the back " wee found 4 n.o.s , and he gave me them free !! along with a big box of other unwanted e28 stuff ,i gave him £20 for the coffee/biscuit jar ,result or what

              ____________ _________ _________ __
              thanks! went toa "pick-your-part" junkyard and found a set that were in good shape (and some interior goodies)

              mate just lift them out carefully with a screwdriver they are unlikely to break ,unless they are badly sun baked ,in that case change them ,they are a dealer part and not expensive , good luck

              ____________ _________ _________ __
              anyone know how to remove the air vents on the hood easily? I know they clip on, but i'm afraid I'll bust them. Mine have discolored and i'd like to paint them again

            • brett peavey
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2010
                Please help, I have an 88 535i and if i rev the car past 2k RPMS the car
                stalls and dies
                like it's being choked out with air
                any ideas?

                Brett
                On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM, tonyshull262 <tonyshull262@...>wrote:

                > anyone know how to remove the air vents on the hood easily? I know they
                > clip on, but i'm afraid I'll bust them. Mine have discolored and i'd like to
                > paint them again

              • Gerald Paul
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2010
                  could be your mass air flow sensor or throttle plate sticking closed

                  Please help, I have an 88 535i and if i rev the car past 2k RPMS the car
                  stalls and dies
                  like it's being choked out with air
                  any ideas?

                  Brett
                  On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM, tonyshull262 <tonyshull262@...>wrote:

                  > anyone know how to remove the air vents on the hood easily? I know they
                  > clip on, but i'm afraid I'll bust them. Mine have discolored and i'd like to
                  > paint them again

                • doug
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 4, 2010
                    There's a lot to test, MAF, fuel pressure (regulator). Others I can't
                    remember. Check those and report back.

                    Regards,

                    doug
                    Waterloo, Ontario Canada, eh

                    86 951 (https://reg.pcaucr.org/forum/post.jsp?postid=2393)
                    01 E320 (W210) 4matic Wagon
                    (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1417557-drl-diy-anybody-do-2.h
                    tml)
                    00 540i-6 (http:// www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/forum/post.jsp?postid=1916)
                    94 855 turbo Wagon (sold in 09)
                    85 535i-5 (sold in 07)
                    83 944 (sold in 86)
                    I apparently only buy cars designated by numbers
                  • Matt Rees
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 5, 2010
                      I've recently had some misfire issues, which I was certain were due to fuel starvation. After trying everything else I decided to change the plugs, distributor cap & rotor arm, the problem has pretty much gone away, it's only intermittent now, which I think is due to not using genuine Bosch parts, & I haven't changed the leads yet (because they're too bloody expensive!). My advice would be to change any ignition parts that haven't been done in a while. Mine looked pretty new but were obviously sub-standard pattern parts put on by the previous owner. My problem was also very much like fuel starvation, I was genuinely shocked to find out it was ignition parts, especially as it was fine when running cold. You may also like to change the title of this thread! Good luck.