arrrrgh

  • tonyshull262
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2010
      car runs fine all month long, load it up with luggage for trip down the coast, turn the key, nothing happens. Nice song on the radio tho.
      Dammit!
    • Simpson Bart
      Message 2 of 4 , May 23, 2010
        did someone stole the battery?

        car runs fine all month long, load it up with luggage for trip down the coast, turn the key, nothing happens. Nice song on the radio tho.

        Dammit!

      • doug
        Message 3 of 4 , May 24, 2010
          Bart,

          I had a no-start when warm. Turned out to be the hot wire attached to the
          started motor/solenoid mounted to the engine. The connection is underneath a
          rubber sheet-cover. It doesn't take much corrosion there to drop the voltage
          below where anything happens.

          Regards,

          doug
          Waterloo, Ontario Canada, eh

          86 951
          (http://www.pcaucr.org/index.php/visuals/photos?func=viewcategory&catid=61)
          01 E320 (W210) 4matic Wagon
          (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1417557-drl-diy-anybody-do-2.h
          tml)
          00 540i-6 (http:// www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/forum/post.jsp?postid=1916)
          94 855 turbo Wagon (sold in 09)
          85 535i-5 (sold in 07)
          83 944 (sold in 86)
          I apparently only buy cars designated by numbers
        • Tony Shull
          Message 4 of 4 , May 24, 2010
            thanks for the tip will look at it when i return!