1988 528e private seller value

  • mort_batchelder
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2010
      I have a 1988 BMW 528e that I am comtemplating selling here soon. I can't seem to figure out what I can get for it on any of the blue book sites (they only go back to 1990). Looking for some opinions, I think I can get around $3,000 for it but I may be off some.

      specifics:
      1988 528e
      - 189,000 original miles; 26-30 mpg
      - all original body (paint, interior, glass, wheels, engine etc.)
      - exception is conversion to "i" ("i" cam upgrade, "i" throttle body, computer etc.)
      - 5-speed conversion done with Z3 shifter linkage and new driveshaft support
      - valve job done as a result
      - has H&R springs and M-spec anti-roll bar kit
      - Bilstien shocks

      other stuff:
      - everything works (windows, sunroof, mirrors, seats, heat, a/c, lights, trip computer, sensors for oil etc, fog lights,)
      - clean inside and out
      - very small ding in the rear door
      - paint very good for an old car, garage kept 90% of its life
      - I have all the original "e" parts, springs etc.
    • Art
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2010
        Nada has an old car section, cheers